zone with create another zone

Designed a level that creates new, exciting, and challenging Armagetron game play? Or maybe just something funky. Put it right here.
|JP| Rav

zone with create another zone

Post by |JP| Rav »

I'm creating new topic because i didn't find anything like this on forum.

I created map with spiral in center but i would like to make zone in center of spiralwith would create win zone on the begining of it. The point is to get inside and than get ou the spial. Andd it would be great if this zone in center can make wall on the begning so noone can steal our zone.
Is that posible?
Jonathan
A Brave Victim

Post by Jonathan »

So you want the following?
  • a spiral of some kind with
    • a zone in the center that
      • closes the spiral on the outside
      • creates a win zone just before the door
You can't do that yet, but scripting (which is being worked on) should make it possible.
ˌɑrməˈɡɛˌtrɑn
DDMJ
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by DDMJ »

What about something like Wrtl's race server. You would have to hit a winzone inside the maze then go back out and hit the other one to win.
|JP| Rav

Post by |JP| Rav »

Exactly: as you said Jonathan.
Of corse making maps is easy but this scripting... When new version of Armagetron with scripts will be released?
Jonathan
A Brave Victim

Post by Jonathan »

I don't think anyone knows. It's in a very early stage.
ˌɑrməˈɡɛˌtrɑn
Aang (avatar fan)
Round Winner
Location: Far away, in a distant fantasy land, where there lives happly little elves. (I'm not one).

Post by Aang (avatar fan) »

that would be great!

you could set up a server that you had to go to a zone, then when you hit it you have to go to the next along, then the next etc. It would be kinda like a Grand Theft Auto street race, you have to go to a check point, the the next etc. You couldn't pass the race unless you had gone through all checkpoints.
It would be good an race servers.

Another idea is that the win zone is in say if the center of the arena. There are many other zones around and you had to go into all the zones before you can activate the win zone in the center.

You should work on this Project Admins. I would support it all the way.
philippeqc
Long Poster - Project Developer - Sage

Post by philippeqc »

Hi,

I'm the one working on that. I'm also leaving to Paris for Easter in a few hours, so this will be VERY short:

How to help:
1) read the existing doc
http://wiki.armagetronad.net/index.php/Zones_v2
http://wiki.armagetronad.net/index.php/Spawn_points
The second explain the logic of association of the effect to players IIRC

2) Comment on the docs and concepts detailed

The zone code is now mostly completed, sadly it depends on other components that I havent started yet. The one I'm investigating atm is how to create the association between in-game players and team and the player and team id stored in the map/zones.

Also, it seems that of what I'm building has a dependency on the scripting capacity, and will need to be integrated with it.

After that the implementation should not be too complex ;)

-ph
Canis meus id comedit.