Newest method of Map Making on a MAC?

Designed a level that creates new, exciting, and challenging Armagetron game play? Or maybe just something funky. Put it right here.
shux

Newest method of Map Making on a MAC?

Post by shux »

hi there,

i went to wiki but it seems outdated on this subject. I've also heard something about using illustrator?

I'm gonna want to know how to do these things:

1. Circular map
2. Sumo Zone
3. Spawn Zone

thanks in advance.

shux:)
dlh
Formerly That OS X Guy

Re: Newest method of Map Making on a MAC?

Post by dlh »

shux wrote:hi there,

i went to wiki but it seems outdated on this subject. I've also heard something about using illustrator?

I'm gonna want to know how to do these things:
The two generally supported Vector editors are Inkscape and Illustrator. Inkscape has a Mac OS X port, but unfortunately it runs in X11.app. Basically you export a SVG file from Inkscape/Illustrator and run it through svg2aamap.
1. Circular map
Create a circle element :)
2. Sumo Zone
A sumo zone is just a fortress zone. Create a “fortress-zones” group, and put circle elements in it
3. Spawn Zone
Sorry, only possible in Inkscape.

I'll work out a SVG2AAMap wiki page with more details. For now see the original thread -> [aaforums:6311]
QUARG
Round Winner

Post by QUARG »

but a spawn zone is easily added manually all you need is a point and start direction.
should look like this in your .xml or something similar to this. x and y are your bike start position and xdir and ydir are your start direction. easy.
<Spawn x="100" y="0" xdir="10" ydir="0.0" />

and for nemostultae im working on a tutorial for map making on inkscape. ill let you know when its done.