gunbound

Anything About Anything...
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

gunbound

Post by Tank Program »

http://www.gunbound.net/
This is a pretty fun game. nic and I have been having a great time playing this... You can add us to friends, I'm Guru3 and nic is nicolasb1966. Come and join us for a game. It's a little hard to get it started but once your do it's pretty adictive. Anyway, it's free, but a 100MB dl, so once you get it come on and join the party!
nicolas.b
Grid Clown
Location: west philly Quotation: "Everybody's stuck being a moderator, but me. Sweet!"

Post by nicolas.b »

this is in the style of WORMS or SCORCHED EARTH.

Image Image Image

look us up and we can help walk you through. or here is the how to play guide:
http://gunbound.net/game/game_01.asp
Zapple
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Zapple »

Awsome! I'll be sure to download it when I get home.
Zapple
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Zapple »

I am

Zapple1992

(Zapple already taken, weird)

Add me, I'll download the game when I get back home. We can scedual a time to play
nicolas.b
Grid Clown
Location: west philly Quotation: "Everybody's stuck being a moderator, but me. Sweet!"

Post by nicolas.b »

hmm, i want to start a "guild" (like a clan) for those of us here and maybe a couple friends. it will be called critters. but apparantly i need to be a silver axe Image to start the guild and right now i'm only a helpless little chick Image. dagnabbit.

but tank, according to the ranking system, we should be awarded wood axes Image very soon for going over 1100 GP's (game points). so very very technically WE AREN'T NOOBS ANYMORE. whoohoo! :D

this is the rankings page:
http://gunbound.net/game/score.asp

EDIT: also, 8230 gold right now. at 20,000 i get to buy my country flag! how much is your indy outfit, tank?
Last edited by nicolas.b on Sun Jul 11, 2004 7:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Zapple
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Zapple »

lol nic, I just cant wait to dl it and play! Your making it sound so cool.

And you are doing it together?
Tank Program

Post by Tank Program »

Pretty much...

Edit: I'm at 9860 gold and I need 100.000 for my outfit :?. I'm at 1190GP... 3500GP is Silver Axe... Took me around 9 hours of playing to get to that too...
Last edited by Tank Program on Sun Jul 11, 2004 8:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Zapple
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Zapple »

cool, can I join you guys so we can do it 3?

Maybe you guys can help me catch up?
Tank Program

Post by Tank Program »

catch up? heh, i had to play tons of public matches 2 get to where i am. you got the game yet?
Zapple
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Zapple »

no, lol, do you need to conferm an e-mail? If not I could just PM u my name and password and you could do it for me please, because there is no way I can do it now, Im in Canada right now on a bad PC cause my grand-dad past away.

Can you please tank?
Tank Program

Post by Tank Program »

Just wait then...
Lackadaisical
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Lackadaisical »

i tried downloading it through download.com (which was listed as one of their mirrors) only to found out i downloaded TRIBES.

But I don't want to play Tribes
nicolas.b
Grid Clown

Post by nicolas.b »

eeek! well i was able to get it successfully via primary DL source.
subby
Shutout Match Winner

Post by subby »

Ok downloading now..... my nick hqqns

i c nico you have just over 1000 points and the #1 rank is 134701253709431 points or something lol. Those guys must play a lot... Maybe almost as much as some of you guys play armagetron :)

anyway if you see me there take it easy on me i'm a noob :)
nicolas.b
Grid Clown

Post by nicolas.b »

subby i sent you an invite adding you to my buddy list. you should see it next time you login.

also, fyi, you get 1000 game points just for registering, and when you play matches there is nothing to lose except by shooting yourself. otherwise you increase your gold and increase your GP's (ranking system). check out the avatar shop to see what you can buy. maybe there is a penguin or water tree that would look good sitting on your shoulder...

only strange thing, the servers seem to have some lag in updating stats- for example, i'm over 1200 GP's now and should no longer be a helpless little chick now.

and yikes!, i found out i have to spend 20,000 gold just to start a guild! and my life savings is 10,000 right now. :(