Tips from Digital Logic

Anything about how you get those awesome core-dumps, or why you don't get them...
Digital Logic
On Lightcycle Grid

Tips from Digital Logic

Post by Digital Logic »

A few poeple asked me to write up some pointers, which is hard because a lot of things are based on situations, but here's some general bits.

1. USE the "glance" feature.
2. USE the "glance" feature.. OFTEN.
3. Turn your music off.. and your sound up. Use all your sensory perceptions. The bikes make a ton of noise when they grind you can hear people trying to sneak up on you. (very helpful on 1st person on 2.5 servers)
4. Control the situation. Sometimes this means aggressive manivers.. sometimes not
5. Be polite. No one likes a jerk and it only makes you a target. (besides you be surprised how many of us are over 25.)
6. USE the glance feature often.. =)
7. Think big. (are you just putting yourself into a big box?)
8. Plan ahead. (This reduces the SPAZ factor where you can't decide where to go. This always means leaving yourself an "out")
9. Use his speed against him. Going faster usually means less accuracy, use that weapon.
10. The outer wall is usually a death trap, and arena wall-hugging tends to lead to an early grave.
11. If your dead, change views and watch the good guys. Learn by watching.. they almost always have a reason for what they did.. can you see it?
12. Do you know where the holes are? They can be used to escape.. or to capture.
13. If you find it hard to determine which tail is yours.. change your color.
14. If you think blue walls are hard to see, edit your floor tile Ms Paint.. pick whatever color you want.
15. Play often.. practice makes perfect.

Digital Logic
You made me drive all this way... for that?!