The "what are your state secrets right now?"-thread

Anything About Anything...
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

The "what are your state secrets right now?"-thread

Post by Word »

Not using Discord, so please just post all your DoD's leaks here!

(I'm kidding of course. I can't help finding it hilarious how this Pentagon stuff was published, even though it actually gets people killed, in the real world. I wish they'd say more about Germany's ongoing proxy dealings with Russia.)
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Re: The "what are your state secrets right now?"-thread

Post by sinewav »

Word wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 6:53 pm...Germany's ongoing proxy dealings with Russia.
I tried to explain this to a friend of mine that almost all wars are proxy wars. Globalization makes this more extreme and dynamic, but even before super complex supply chains we had trade routes that basically defined where wars would take place. The United States school system likes to tell the myth that our rugged militias were so pumped up on FREEDOM that we were able to defeat the British Army when in fact it was mostly the French Army and to a lesser extent the Spanish and Dutch Armies that made it possible.

I don't have any intel to leak but if you want to have a thread that shits all over Russia I'm ready for it.
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Re: The "what are your state secrets right now?"-thread

Post by Word »

sinewav wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 7:01 pmI don't have any intel to leak but if you want to have a thread that shits all over Russia I'm ready for it.
Haha, that's alright with me! Speaking of school systems, I genuinely wonder what it must feel like to be a Russian teacher right now and sell the kids this whole geopolitical/military strategy when some kilometre-long convoy/a significant part of your army, including young men you know, just got annihilated at the gates of Kiew. Did they lower the minimum-vodka-age to be more convincing? The images of that convoy still haunt me a little, I'm sure they'll show that in schoolbooks as a prime example for how bad logistics, reality vs. propaganda and how drones and satellites decide the battlefield.

(On a side note, I'm glad you guys still have Biden, who may not be my favourite politican of all time, but makes it sooooo much easier to sleep at night given the current alternatives.)