Lags in Wild West Saloon SumoBar

General Stuff about Armagetron, That doesn't belong anywhere else...
compguygene
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Lags in Wild West Saloon SumoBar

Post by compguygene »

In the last 4 to 6 days the server has had lags that it didn't. I checked the logs and this was reported this morning by the hosting service.
NFOServers wrote:D)DoS attack against your service
Apr 22 2016 03:35:40 PM PT Our system responded to a (D)DoS against your service with a filter.

Target address: 74.91.126.137
Attack: a specific type of TCP SYN flood/32
Filter duration: about 4 days

What does this mean?

A DoS attack is an intentional malicious action that is designed to temporarily disable a service. We have systems in place that respond to common attacks for our clients, filtering them for durations that are chosen based on the likelihood of false positives and the level of damage typically caused by the specific attack.

Depending on the size and characteristics of the attack, and the nature of your software, you may or may not have seen effects from the attack before it was filtered.

Most attacks are spoofed (use random fake IPs). This means that it is usually not possible to examine the traffic and determine the attacker. We will likely not be able to provide further information on this attack.
(D)DoS attack against your service
Apr 22 2016 03:32:31 PM PT Our system responded to a (D)DoS against your service with a filter.

Target address: 74.91.126.137
Attack: a specific type of TCP PSH flood/5
Filter duration: about 6 days

Obviously, this is from 4/22, but it may be ongoing.
GIven that information, I think the server did quite well to be under attack. Hopefully, the attack slows down for now.
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Re: Lags in Wild West Saloon SumoBar

Post by sinewav »

Weird, I never noticed any lag. In fact, the server played great these last few days. Are you sure it was under attack? :)
compguygene
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Re: Lags in Wild West Saloon SumoBar

Post by compguygene »

It definitely had some lag at times, random teleports, etc on my own connection which is rock solid during the timeframe my provider reported this to me. It does seem they filtered most of it out. The provider only generates this kind of report when an automated system kicks in and does something. I reported nothing to them.
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm