Chess & Tron

Anything About Anything...
Light
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Chess & Tron

Post by Light »

I've seen a few people posting about chess on here quite a bit this year and it kept bringing to mind a chess game from one of the Mortal Kombat games, Deception maybe? You play chess, but to take a piece you fight for it. The person who lives gets the spot. I thought this might be fun in Tron.

Same idea as MK. To take the spot, you have to fight. You can make up whatever rules you want to it, and you don't even have to use it on Tron, but it's what I made it with in mind. The problem is, most chess games follow the rules of chess, which seems like it would be good, obviously, but it wouldn't be for this. If you don't win, then you just lose your piece when you try to kill another piece.

I haven't played against anyone yet, but after finishing the script, I played the obvious quick trap against myself.
http://lightron.org/Chess/?user=Kira

It pretty much works like any normal chess game, just without rules. If you want to start your own game, you can go to your personal link or just /Chess and it will direct you to your page. (You must be logged in to the site.)
http://lightron.org/Chess

--- Commands ---
"new game" - Obvious what it does, I hope.
"move a7 to a5" ( You can click the coordinates in the top-right of the boxes to write this for you. )
"remove a7" - Just get rid of a piece.
"player 1 name Kira" - Rename player 1 or 2.
"add bq a1" - Depending on the way you play, you may add a piece to the board at times.

--- Pieces to Add ---
B -> Black
W -> White

P -> Pawn
R -> Rook
N -> Knight
B -> Bishop
Q -> Queen
K -> King

Just thought I'd offer this up if people are interested in using it. Just something I made for fun. (:

Note that one person controls the game. Anyone else that joins your page can only view the game.
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Re: Chess & Tron

Post by Phytotron »

Light

Post by Light »

Phytotron wrote:Battle Chess
Looks like it could be cool. Only if we're the ones doing the fighting though. Watching them fight wouldn't really change the game in any way other than graphically.
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

Light wrote: You play chess, but to take a piece you fight for it
I've played that MK (not sure which one either) but what's the point in the chess part if you can win on the fight part? You'd feel like you lost at chess, even although you didn't, you lost at 1v1 tron.
Iris
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Iris »

Jesus Con, you still check up on this game :stubble:
Light

Post by Light »

ConVicT wrote:
Light wrote: You play chess, but to take a piece you fight for it
I've played that MK (not sure which one either) but what's the point in the chess part if you can win on the fight part? You'd feel like you lost at chess, even although you didn't, you lost at 1v1 tron.
It doesn't completely remove chess strategy unless you play against someone who sucks at fighting. If you're a close match, then you have to use both.
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

Light wrote:
Phytotron wrote:Battle Chess
Looks like it could be cool. Only if we're the ones doing the fighting though. Watching them fight wouldn't really change the game in any way other than graphically.
OK, Base Wars.
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

Archon, anyone? ;)

(No link, the game is THAT old)

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope

Post by Phytotron »

Lucifer wrote:Archon, anyone? ;)

(No link, the game is THAT old)
Watchootalkinboutfool?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archon:_Th ... d_the_Dark

I actually had that for my Apple II/e, but I seem to recall having difficulty getting it to run. Or maybe I had difficulty getting my brain to run it. I can't remember which. I still have it, though, original packaging and all.
Olive
Match Winner

Post by Olive »

Anyone up for a game in pm's?

Opening move: Pe4
Olive a.k.a ZeMu, MoonFlower & chicken.