Ladle 83

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

vein
On Lightcycle Grid

Re: Ladle 83

Post by vein »

I had nothing to do with this operation lol. I'm on vacation in California and I was having a brunch with my friends / family when mister texted me saying liz was playing under my name. Don't understand why I'm the one getting punished for something i didn't have any control over. I wasn't even present for the situation lol. Never played tron on that day. Its also not a big deal. I bet it has happened many many times before. Its just that liz and mister are big names in the fortress world lol
Gonzap
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Gonzap »

I, personally, would be pretty mad if somebody impostered me to play a ladle.
Vogue
Match Winner

Post by Vogue »

Vein has a life outside of tron, that's why he probably doesn't care all that much.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Gonzap wrote:I, personally, would be pretty mad if somebody impostered me to play a ladle.
Exactly. Vein is showing the same disregard for the rules as the other two, which is no surprise. And Mister is a big name in Fortress? Since when? Hahaha.
Vogue wrote:Vein has a life outside of tron, that's why he probably doesn't care all that much.
Lot's of us have lives outside Tron. It's possible to care about many things, especially a topic like honesty.
Vogue
Match Winner

Post by Vogue »

This isn't a "omg u r all nolyfers" comment, but I can tell you that if anyone impostered me I wouldn't care* or give it a 2nd thought because I have more important things in my life going on than being worried over some ladle rules and people I don't care about. At least Vein (and some others) aren't pretending to care more than they do just to appease the morality crowd. You can't force someone to care, really.

*unless it's someone I respect and/or consider a friend in this game, ofc
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Vogue wrote:You can't force someone to care, really.
You are right, that's why you are in the penalty box.
Gonzap
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Gonzap »

That doesn't make it morally alright though.
Vogue
Match Winner

Post by Vogue »

So what? Everyone has different levels of what they feel is morally right and wrong. To say, for example, Vein is a morally corrupt bastard because he doesn't care that someone impostered him in some random online game and he's now broken some rule would be black and white and most of all not true.
Hoax
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Hoax »

Vein didn't make any attempt to voice any disagreement about what was happening did he, doesn't that make him an accessory?
The fact that you'd only care if someone impostered you if it was someone you knew shows you know the moral aspects of the action, just have a lack of empathy towards others. I get what you're saying but it's really just a narcissistic trait.
Someone took a dump on the pitch we all play on. Compguy got the shovel and they're banned for a month. Just like when any of these incidents happen the resounding reaction is just disappointment and the thought that some people think there's nothing wrong with playing on a pitch covered in turds eww
It is just a game though so cya in 2 ladles
vein
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by vein »

Lol - I'm just interested in what I'm punished for. That's all :) All of you make good points - can't deny any of them.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

vein wrote:Lol - I'm just interested in what I'm punished for. That's all :) All of you make good points - can't deny any of them.
Where are you punished? Liz is the only one with a ban.
vein
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by vein »

Sine ur the man. U donate a lot to this game lov u man
orion
Match Winner

Post by orion »

sinewav wrote:
Vogue wrote:You can't force someone to care, really.
You are right, that's why you are in the penalty box.
LIZ TRON IS THE REAL LIFE!!!!!!!!!! HOW CAN U DONT CARE??????????

vein leave ur vacations and come discuss against sine here

ps: there is couple people who broken rules in the past bowl season without penalty

anyway ban them all and burn in hell
THEred
Core Dumper

Post by THEred »

sinewav wrote:
vein wrote:Lol - I'm just interested in what I'm punished for. That's all :) All of you make good points - can't deny any of them.
Where are you punished? Liz is the only one with a ban.
sinewav wrote:60 day ban of any IPs associated with Mister, Vein, and Vogue on the AoT tournament servers....this is because I think it is deserved.
(unfortunately for vein, he lives in the same house as Mister..)
blondie wrote:a black cat has voted and decided to remove Mister and Vein from our team, effective immediately.
red
vein
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by vein »

thanks red! - that's what I meant actually lol - I thought I was being punished for something for no reason and red just proved it :)