Happy 4/20!

Anything About Anything...
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Re: Happy 4/20!

Post by sinewav »

breeze wrote:Why do you say the paper is "shoddy?"
Don't misunderstand. I never said "the" paper, I said "a" paper. This is in response to questioning the weight of a news article versus a journal article. Both require critical evaluation. Both need to be scanned for bias and poor methodology. Certainly in some cases a well researched, bias-free news article can be much more informative and convincing than a poor journal article of limited scope. This is my point. The USA Today article Phytotron posted above is a good article and is meaningful in this context.
breeze
Average Program

Post by breeze »

Ah, I understand now. I know you said "a", but I still thought you were referring back to the journal. You're right! The actual events that occurred in his article do provide evidence for his claims too.

I don't mean to take a jab at the USA Today article in particular, but the popular media certainly has some overarching bias whether that is motivated by profits or something else. Although, that's probably irrelevant and has the potential to get off topic.
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

Should probably wait till 4/20 but here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8AuMOGx_KY
Durf
Match Winner

Post by Durf »

LMAO that video was great! Very funny, very creative.
I think my favorite is the background dancers (who, from their point of view, are following some pothead on a drivable couch just bustin' a move - lol, perfect); their costumes too.
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

You just discovered that?

Well, OK, since you reopened this, more science: Long-Term Marijuana Use Linked To Abnormalities In Key Brain Region

Persistent cannabis users show neuropsychological decline from childhood to midlife (that may be a re-post, not sure)