Super Smash Bros. Melee documentary

Anything About Anything...
On Lightcycle Grid

Super Smash Bros. Melee documentary

Post by 7575757575 »

I guess some of you also loved this game as kids and played it a ton with friends.

even if you didnt follow the competitive super smash brothers scene you might enjoy the documentary of one of the best games in esports.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tgWH-qXpv8
Pr3
Round Winner

Re: Super Smash Bros. Melee documentary

Post by Pr3 »

Late night smash bros tournaments... fun stuff. 8)
Desolate
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Desolate »

you got me addicted dick :D
Nanu Nanu
Core Dumper

Post by Nanu Nanu »

I never had the chance to play Melee when I was younger, but I just watched all of these episodes and can say that I would love to play it again just because of how much fun these people had. It'd be really great if there could be something like this for the tron community. The tron community is already competitive with a sizable amount of people for smaller tournaments, but I think we lack something they get from facing everyone in person and living everything that is Melee for days at a time. It's a shame most of us live so far away from each other :P
Prema wrote:The second match starts, a new beginning,
Nanu and Prema, Sui and Ninja,
versus those same old hoes grinning.
DawZ
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by DawZ »

i agree, i do have 3 tron players in my neighborhood though, that i got to start playing. but they don't play much and they are still noobs.
DawZ
takburger
Match Winner

Post by takburger »

DawZ wrote:i agree, i do have 3 tron players in my neighborhood though, that i got to start playing. but they don't play much and they are still noobs.
in this game everyone stays noob a very long time. But everyone can become good, the only problem is that they have to keep playing while being bashed by some players. If they see it as a challenge to become better, then they'll become good players :)
Soul
Match Winner

Post by Soul »

Nanu Nanu wrote:I never had the chance to play Melee when I was younger, but I just watched all of these episodes and can say that I would love to play it again just because of how much fun these people had. It'd be really great if there could be something like this for the tron community. The tron community is already competitive with a sizable amount of people for smaller tournaments, but I think we lack something they get from facing everyone in person and living everything that is Melee for days at a time. It's a shame most of us live so far away from each other :P
Those videos brought back a lot of good memories :P

The thing is, at the time those people were having those tournaments, there was no "online" gaming for gamecube/n64. Although we have a similar community as those dudes did in terms of the size and caliber players, we all play online so there would really be no point in traveling to play with each other.
Desolate
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Desolate »

I'd travel to whoop your ass in person
Clutch
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Clutch »

Oh man, I can't even think of a number for how many hours me and 3 friends of mine logged on Melee. One of them was apparently "pro", he went to a few LANs. The things he did on Fox would make you weep. I just remember Fox, marth, Sheik and even Captain Falcon were just hugely overpowered in the right hands
Boxed