CTF BRAWL 28 [ Sunday, May 12th ]

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

Gaz
Round Winner

Re: CTF BRAWL 28 [ Sunday, May 12th ]

Post by Gaz »

I loooooovvveeeee it.
Overrated
Match Winner

Post by Overrated »

Light wrote:
Overrated wrote:We're also missing a server. Need one if anyone can happen to put it in. Thanks.
Done.
Thanks a ton. Much appreciated. :)

Good luck to all, nice to see some more teams in this.
BRAWL dead. RIP.

Fort is like a box of knives, you never know when you're going to be cut.
Titanoboa
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Titanoboa »

prema wrote:trophy
Finally there's something to play for!
Core Dumper

Post by *16 »

We played for fun and it was fun!

Pitty Brawl is a bit unorganised these days. Auths weren't updated, brackets very late, only US-servers...
If I would know how all this is done, I would help a bit with all this.

Oh and one more thing: During our matches vs R, I had some problems several times a new round started. I couldn't see anything, except a locked view on a black part of the area, I could type but that was all. The only solution was disconnecting and getting in again... Anyone know why this happens? I'm on the latest 0.4 version for Mac(which is not up-to-date).
Overrated
Match Winner

Post by Overrated »

Good matches all. Nice to see some more activity in the ctf crowd.

Thanks to Light for providing a server at nearly the last second. Really appreciated <3.
*16 wrote:Oh and one more thing: During our matches vs R, I had some problems several times a new round started. I couldn't see anything, except a locked view on a black part of the area, I could type but that was all. The only solution was disconnecting and getting in again... Anyone know why this happens? I'm on the latest 0.4 version for Mac(which is not up-to-date).
You should ask Elmo about this. I know he had a lot of issues awhile back with that happening every single round.
*16 wrote:Pitty Brawl is a bit unorganised these days. Auths weren't updated, brackets very late, only US-servers...
If I would know how all this is done, I would help a bit with all this.
I think with U slowly fading away (but not gone yet! Hopefully they make a huge resurgence soon), Tru has had less desire and, possibly being busy with other things, made it so it's more important that we keep things going. He's done it for over two years now, he deserves a break for a bit.
BRAWL dead. RIP.

Fort is like a box of knives, you never know when you're going to be cut.
prema
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by prema »

As promised enjoy ~R~ and congratz, next time will be different

and for everyone else

cuz we're just that frickin' awesome
Child_of_blood
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Child_of_blood »

Just throwing this out there.
LOVER$BOY wrote: I'm also hosting a server from Alpha Project (0.4+ap) which is still in the development stage but works stable enough to run the basic ctf and all :)
I was unable to connect with either of my 0.2.8 clients. I had to use 0.4, which is part of the reason I pushed our matchup to Rx - Texas instead.

The other part is that the Authorities file wasn't updated. Hard to play in a server where I can't connect and the authority file isn't up to date.

Not sure if anyone else had problems connecting with a 0.2.8 client, but at the time I asked, everyone in the server had 0.4.
-`S_Serenity Clan >>Visit Us!<<

-`S_Caladbolg
Core Dumper

Post by *16 »

Since Phoenix is planning playing ctf more regular I would love to help with the auths for example, I saw some scripts and saw the site were previous auths are, but I haven't figured out how the scripts work (I would use the ladle tool to make the auths but yeah) and I've got no idea how to upload then to that 'ix.lv-vl.net'... If anyone wants to teach this nub...

EDIT: I searched a bit how auths work at ladle, if you guys want I'll make auth files for coming brawls...
ElmosWorld
Match Winner

Post by ElmosWorld »

The ix.lv-vl.net is tru's site. You could just copy the output of the tool into a text file and upload it to wherever. Then just change the path on the site.

As for being disorganized over approached me yesterday about doing brackets since I do the ladle ones. I did them and then he asked about the authorities I told him I didn't have a place to host it and directed him to people who might. Hopefully this was a one month thing and tru will be back next month but we know what to do if we need to.

@16 - was it rookies server? It only happened one brawl for me(I haven't played since) and never happened in another server. Make a debug recording and ask z-man is my best advice.
Core Dumper

Post by *16 »

I see, I figured out already that ix.lv-vl was just a hosted server, anyway we'll see next brawl.

It wasn't rookies server, it was lights server I think. I'll try what you said. Thanks anyway!
prema
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by prema »

@Cob: weird, i could connect to Alpha's server with 0.2.8... in fact I was there before ninja told me to come back to Rx. It did crash on me last night though, but it was back in a few minutes.
Light
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Light »

The black screen bug(?).
This is something that happens in just about any server as far as I know. I've had it happen before in multiple places, but it's usually not very often. Exit and rejoin the server, all is well.[/b]

Hosting the CFG's
Thanks to Light for providing a server at nearly the last second. Really appreciated <3.

[quote=Overrated]Thanks to Light for providing a server at nearly the last second. Really appreciated <3.[/quote]
Very welcome. If ya need one any other time, feel free to ask. Just hopefully at least a day in advanced.
Flow
Average Program

Post by Flow »

Congratz to ~R~ well done
Gaz
Round Winner

Post by Gaz »

Flow wrote:Congratz to ~R~ well done
Yeah very well done..

Titan cheated.. let u all in on that last round.. i call for rematch.. 3v4 w/o titan :P
LOVER$BOY
Match Winner

Post by LOVER$BOY »

Child_of_blood wrote:Just throwing this out there.
LOVER$BOY wrote: I'm also hosting a server from Alpha Project (0.4+ap) which is still in the development stage but works stable enough to run the basic ctf and all :)
I was unable to connect with either of my 0.2.8 clients. I had to use 0.4, which is part of the reason I pushed our matchup to Rx - Texas instead.

The other part is that the Authorities file wasn't updated. Hard to play in a server where I can't connect and the authority file isn't up to date.
Oh dammit, I forgot :o

So sorry :(

I was wondering what I was forgetting to do... so that was it :/
Child_of_blood wrote:Not sure if anyone else had problems connecting with a 0.2.8 client, but at the time I asked, everyone in the server had 0.4.
That is really strange dude... as far as I was sure even 0.2.8 clients can connect. My own 0.2.8 client connected with no problems :/