SF Upgrade

What do you want to see in Armagetron soon? Any new feature ideas? Let's ponder these ground breaking ideas...
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

SF Upgrade

Post by Z-Man »

Sourceforge is uprading their infrastructure and forcing all projects to upgrade to it rather sooner than later. Soooo I just went ahead and triggered the upgrade now. Let me know if there are any ill effects. Most importantly, the release file archive stayed exactly the same, so all download links are unchanged, and we're not using SF for much more.

What has changed is the SVN repository URI. The transition is not yet complete there, but should not take much longer. Check https://sourceforge.net/p/armagetronad/ ... rce=navbar when it's done. I'm taking the bzr-svn syncing offline, at the very least, it'll need adaption to the new URIs. At worst, they're converting the repositories in a way that makes them appear as different branches to bzr-svn, which would mean we lose that and convenient merging from 0.2.8 to 0.4.
/dev/null
Shutout Match Winner

Re: SF Upgrade

Post by /dev/null »

This would matter if you guys ever updated tron.
Ratchet
Match Winner

Post by Ratchet »

/dev/null wrote:This would matter if you guys ever updated tron.
Are you serious? Do you donate money to the developers to help fund the server hosting that is required to make tron possible? Do you help them put food on their tables?

I doubt it. Quit bitching. Be grateful.
"Dream as if you'll live forever,
Live as if you'll die today." -James Dean
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Ratchet wrote:
/dev/null wrote:This would matter if you guys ever updated tron.
Are you serious? Do you donate money to the developers to help fund the server hosting that is required to make tron possible? Do you help them put food on their tables?

I doubt it. Quit bitching. Be grateful.
Seems that neither of you are aware of how much Arma is being updated. There new code added every week or two. If 6 days since the last merge is "too old," you should probably write your own game.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Don't mind him. I certainly don't.

Anyway, bzr-svn syncing is back in action. And if you have a SVN checkout you would like to keep, you can update it using

Code: Select all

svn switch --relocate https://armagetronad.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/armagetronad svn+ssh://USERNAME@svn.code.sf.net/p/armagetronad/code
Only USERNAME needs to be adapted to your SF username, the command works for all subdirectories.
RoterBaron1337
Core Dumper

Post by RoterBaron1337 »

Z-Man you should know that i love you for creating this game, my whole teenage time went for this game. <3 :*
Kappa
/dev/null
Shutout Match Winner

Post by /dev/null »

Don't mind him. I certainly don't.
This guy has the right idea.