Ladle streaming - are ppls interested in this?

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Re: Ladle streaming - are ppls interested in this?

Post by Word »

It's only for the specs who want to listen to commentary or players to have some kind of souvenir afterwards. It's practical for people who can't enter the server, although there's always some delay.
Vogue
Match Winner

Post by Vogue »

Ratchet wrote:Herpderp. *Bumps old topic*. This was a good idea! Anyone have any updates on this?
I need to figure out a proper format, but yeah I'm still working on this (not actively, been a bit busy)
Goodygumdrops wrote:Dunno about the doofuses who are planning on doing this, but I can say that for me streaming tron while playing is a nightmare. I never tried to stream it while spec'ing, though.
Depends on your computer specs
Word wrote:although there's always some delay.
Like 5/10 seconds, not much delay

Which client do people prefer this to be viewed in? Camera settings? FOV? Might be good to include.
Bytes
Round Winner

Post by Bytes »

If we could get 2 people streaming, we could have one person with a birds eye view of the whole arena, and another who is switching between players with an FOV around 110?
Titanoboa
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Titanoboa »

Vogue wrote:Camera settings? FOV?
Can't please everyone, and custom camera 90 FOV is the most common.
At first I was thinking it'd be a good idea to up the camera_custom_back and _rise so you see more around the player in focus, but maybe everything would be too small on the stream then.
kyle
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder
Location: Indiana, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe, Multiverse

Post by kyle »

didn't epsy set up a cusme trunk based cockpit for the last time it was streamed? It showed both zones if i remember corectly.
Vogue
Match Winner

Post by Vogue »

kyle wrote:didn't epsy set up a cusme trunk based cockpit for the last time it was streamed? It showed both zones if i remember corectly.
I was thinking of that one, dunno if he still has it
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Custom cockpit is the way to go, there is no reason not to have the best of all worlds. Maybe something like this? (attached)

I always watch Ladle from high above the grid (free cam), both zones in-frame. It lets you see everything, but is a little less exciting than custom or smart cam.
Attachments
stream-cam-layout.png
stream-cam-layout.png (9.69 KiB) Viewed 2781 times
S0lutai
Average Program

Post by S0lutai »

sinewav wrote:Custom cockpit is the way to go, there is no reason not to have the best of all worlds. Maybe something like this? (attached)

I always watch Ladle from high above the grid (free cam), both zones in-frame. It lets you see everything, but is a little less exciting than custom or smart cam.
That can be really useful, talking about you'll be able to see all the action, follow any player's move, rather than see just one player with custom/smart cameras
A tragedy is commonplace but in the end they go away.
Gonzap
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Gonzap »

normally the big plays occur either on the center at the very start of the round, either in one of the zones. A possible solution is to focus the camera on the center players at start and then switch to random. Also we can add 2 little windows, focused each one on one of the zones and the rest of the screen focused on a random player. The little windows could be placed on top corners or bottom corners. It's the same as sine's just that isntead of a global camera, a player centred camera. If I understood sine's drawing correctly.
Vinny

Post by Vinny »

I love watching twitch live streams! This would be awesome! Please do!
Vogue
Match Winner

Post by Vogue »

Gonzap wrote:normally the big plays occur either on the center at the very start of the round, either in one of the zones. A possible solution is to focus the camera on the center players at start and then switch to random. Also we can add 2 little windows, focused each one on one of the zones and the rest of the screen focused on a random player. The little windows could be placed on top corners or bottom corners. It's the same as sine's just that isntead of a global camera, a player centred camera. If I understood sine's drawing correctly.
Yeah, this was basically epsy's cam. I think the idea of an eagle-view grid sounds good, but it's really not, because the action looks way better up-close.

I'll try to get this cockpit later today/this week and get some stuff going!
Thump
Average Program

Post by Thump »

Vogue wrote:A follow up on this - I need people with a good computer and connection to test their stream at twitch.tv and record some result for me. It seems my computer and tron's erratic movements isn't a good combination for streaming, the quality isn't as good as I'd like it to be. Someone else can do the streaming while Sine and me, and other people assuming we're not in the ladle finals, do the casting(talking). I've seen some of you volunteer earlier in the thread so let's get this idea going for the next ladle finals!

I'l do it if you need. I can only insure the Finals though, as I generally am rushing home just to make the 1st round. I'l do the tests and see how it looks.

I have 30mb down / 4mb up. And plenty of pc power.

EDIT: I'v never streamed via a game application so, any tips on the best program(s) or any downloads I need would be helpful

Windows 8 OS.
8GB Ram
4ghz
HD6790 1GB
30mb down / 4mb up

(I already have an account on twist.tv under: thxmp
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

this is my favourite of all I know, problem is that they delete the videos on their site after a while, but you can download them:

http://new.livestream.com/live-video-tools
Vogue
Match Winner

Post by Vogue »

Thump wrote:
Vogue wrote:A follow up on this - I need people with a good computer and connection to test their stream at twitch.tv and record some result for me. It seems my computer and tron's erratic movements isn't a good combination for streaming, the quality isn't as good as I'd like it to be. Someone else can do the streaming while Sine and me, and other people assuming we're not in the ladle finals, do the casting(talking). I've seen some of you volunteer earlier in the thread so let's get this idea going for the next ladle finals!

I'l do it if you need. I can only insure the Finals though, as I generally am rushing home just to make the 1st round. I'l do the tests and see how it looks.

I have 30mb down / 4mb up. And plenty of pc power.

EDIT: I'v never streamed via a game application so, any tips on the best program(s) or any downloads I need would be helpful

Windows 8 OS.
8GB Ram
4ghz
HD6790 1GB
30mb down / 4mb up

(I already have an account on twist.tv under: thxmp
Sounds great, but eh.. twist? I hope you mean Twitch! An excellent and FREE program for this is Open Broadcaster Software. It's a bit complicated but I can help you with that if you're around on IRC.

For commentating, was thinking of an open teamspeak channel to let everyone watching talk in there. Might be chaotic, but this way you'll get to hear lots of opinions etc [moderated].
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

I'm going to work for a friend of mine in San Diego and he's got a badazz Internet connection for his biz. And while my computer is not badazz, I might be able to do some streaming. I'm going to be pretty inactive for the next several weeks, but I'll try my best to look into this.