How do I enable it to where I can respawn in Round

Post here if you need help setting up your server, etc.
h4zard
On Lightcycle Grid

How do I enable it to where I can respawn in Round

Post by h4zard »

I've been wanting to make my own server because obviously .d.o.g.f.i.g.h.t. is unmoderated, and I would like to enable it to where i can respawn in round and not have to wait until round restart to respawn. I have both 0.3 and 0.2.8.3.2 installed.
kyle
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder
Location: Indiana, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe, Multiverse

Re: How do I enable it to where I can respawn in Round

Post by kyle »

neither 0.3 nor 0.2.8.* has respwning built into them by default. they must be compiled with "--enable-respawn" but both of those may still be a bit limited to what thier functionality is.

in sty+ct yca can set how often it respawns a player with the RESPAWN_TIME setting.

either way you are probaboly going to have to compile the server.
h4zard
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by h4zard »

ahh thanks :P, thats fine with me I'm used to compiling source haha I program in my spare time I was going to write a patch to do this but meh i'm lazy and I was 99.99% sure it was already in there somewhere.

EDIT:

somewhere along the way sortresources.py gots seriously messed up, that or my interpreter is newer or older than the one used when building sty+ct
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Post full error messages, please. Our scripts should work fine with both Python 2.6 and 3.x.

Or, of course, we maintain builds of sty+ct: http://sourceforge.net/projects/armaget ... ots/hacks/ , and we also have them in our zeroinstall streams and ppa.