Auto login pop-up window

What do you want to see in Armagetron soon? Any new feature ideas? Let's ponder these ground breaking ideas...
Slov
Shutout Match Winner

Auto login pop-up window

Post by Slov »

I have the auto login option and when I enter a server the log in window appears after few (10?) seconds. But if I enter right before the start rounds and I'm playing, it pops up when I'm still alive and the bot takes over. Can that be fixed? I'm using 0.2.8 and don't want to switch to 0.3.0. I'm on a Mac. Is there a way?
.pG (only like, the best clan ever)

my mixtape fire tho
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Re: Auto login pop-up window

Post by Z-Man »

Auto sign in is really intended to be used in conjunction with saving your passwords on disk. That gets rid of the popup. Or you could make it a habit to enter servers in spectator mode and only deactivate that after authentication is through; we do have a spectator mode toggle key to make that not totally cumbersome.
Slov wrote:I'm using 0.2.8 and don't want to switch to 0.3.0.
Of course not. That's ancient and doesn't even have the authentication support of 0.2.8. Have you tried the new builds? I mean, of course you don't want to switch to them permanently, they're experimental, but I'm curious whether you have specific reasons apart from that to not switch.
Slov
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Slov »

well actually I tried it long time ago, can't remember all things that I didn't like but one of them was the rubometer. Could you tell/link me how to save the password on disk?

EDIT: tried the newest 0.3 version. the hub is a thing I would just need to get used to but I've been playing with the older one for so long I don't want to switch :(
.pG (only like, the best clan ever)

my mixtape fire tho
Lackadaisical
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Lackadaisical »

You can change the hub: http://wiki.armagetronad.net/index.php? ... kpits_list

In the pop-up window you need to select 'save password: on disk'
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

That's HUD: Heads-Up Display.

(Unless the acronym actually is "HUB" in another language(s), in which case nevermind me. :) )