What are you listening to right now?

Anything About Anything...
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Re: What are you listening to right now?

Post by Word »

sinewav wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:52 amHere's a Russian group I like: The Bleak Engineers.
First thought that crossed my mind was "Dark Agar Agar" (but such comparisons are of course doing an injustice to the musicians' originality) :P
Sorry about the Carpet
Prettiest Virgin

And Claire Laffut was suggested to me when I was watching this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQ3HWIsZXPM
Galaxip
Core Dumper

Post by Galaxip »

right this minute im listening to what happened with this song

Hallo Bimmelbahn - Nighttrain
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcXiMQ0J2So

becomes
gotta go home - boney m
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxggltjIVFI

and then
Barbra Streisand (Radio Edit) - Duck Sauce
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VQdVA2hjsA
Image Image Image Image
Word

Post by Word »

Double post because the number of URLs is limited :D
Japanese Breakfast

This list of fabulous young women who, according to wikipedia, seem to have in common that they're all depressive and bisexual.
Snail Mail
modlist
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by modlist »

and

Julien Baker
Phoebe Bridgers
Lucy Dacus
Those three occasionally play together as boygenius

Haley Heynderickx

Also the stuff that is in my recommendations now that I didn't really check out yet myself: Hand Habits seems pretty good, same for Clairo (based on the Spotify numbers, she's already super-famous in the US? Never heard of her!), Jess Wiliamson, Madeline Kenney, Tomberline, No Vacation. There's so much more, but this is supposed to be a selection, so I keep it short for now.

(Yes, just for fun I used the modlist account.)
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Word wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:20 amSnail Mail
Ah yes, Snail Mail, one of my secret pleasures. I first heard "Heat Wave" in 2019 at a coffee shop but the barista couldn't access the playlist to tell me who it was. I remembered enough of the lyrics to find it on YouTube when I got home. I was actually listening to the song you linked to as I was reading this thread, haha.

Earlier in the year a friend of mine tried to get me into Phoebe Bridgers but it didn't stick. Japanese Breakfast sounds pretty good, I'll check out more of their stuff.

I'll leave you with Soccer Mommy. I think I like her style more than the music, but generally i find it more interesting than most of the girl rock out there.
Word

Post by Word »

Yes, Soccer Mommy is great too, but again I only listened to one song so far, so I left it out for now. :-)

And that barista-situation sounds awfully familiar; I have an entire list of lyric fragments and audio files of me trying to hum the melody of songs I heard during a party or in random places and didn't find anyone who could tell me the name of the song and/or artist. Mostly electronic German stuff though.
Casper

Post by Casper »

The opposite of love isn't hate, it is apathy.
Casper

Post by Casper »

Casper

Post by Casper »

Casper

Post by Casper »

Sorry, i clicked submit, nothing happened, so i clicked it again, nothing, then again, and again and again. Oh, It did go through -_-
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Word wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:47 amSophia Kennedy:
Nice. Production reminds me of Arcade Fire. Thanks to YT, her stuff will show up in the sidebar now so I'll check out more later.

I haven't been listening to much lately, though my friend wanted me to listen to The Shins with her the other day.
Word

Post by Word »

sinewav wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:21 pm
Word wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:47 amSophia Kennedy:
Nice. Production reminds me of Arcade Fire. Thanks to YT, her stuff will show up in the sidebar now so I'll check out more later.

I haven't been listening to much lately, though my friend wanted me to listen to The Shins with her the other day.
The producer of that particular album goes by the name Erobique, here he is perfoming the title music for a comedy crime show ("Tatortreiniger", which translates to something like "crime scene cleaner"). Heh, now that you've mentioned Arcade Fire, their soundtrack for the film "Her" has finally been released a few weeks ago, I listen to it a lot currently. And yes, I like the Shins too! :-)
Word

Post by Word »

I love Dry Cleaning. They're ridiculously funny. Their music videos are great too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PuqlOTyJt0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEOpxiTsiXo
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Word wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:50 pmI love Dry Cleaning.
Of course you like this weird band. This is exactly the kind of band I think of when I imagine your music taste, ha. The bass tone in that liver performance is so good it made me a little angry.

I bought some vinyl records last weekend and one blues album from 1964 has a really great song I want to share, but it's not online anywhere. I might put it on youtube this week if I have time.