Error messages: Network transition occurred; Debugger called

Everything todo with programming goes HERE.
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Error messages: Network transition occurred; Debugger called

Post by Phytotron »

I just put this in this section since there's not a general tech support section.

So, last night while browsing through the Console logs looking for crash reports for Z-Man, I noticed that in logs found in...

/Library/Logs/DirectoryService/DirectoryService.error.log[.1, 2, 3, etc]

...there's a repeated, scrolling message: "Network transition occurred." I did a cursory search on the interweb, but the only stuff I found was too technical for me to understand. Most, if not all, also seemed to relate to someone using their Mac as a server, which I'm not doing, obviously. Now, a couple did also reference Netgear, which I'm using as a wireless router, and older modems (the RCA one the cable company gave us dates at least back to 2005), but I dunno.

Anyone have a clue?

In a separate couple places I also ran across a repeated "Debugger() was called!" message. Z-Man said the internets didn't turn up anything for him, so, any ideas?

Mac OS 10.4.11, by the way.
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Re: Error messages: Network transition occurred; Debugger called

Post by Phytotron »

Bump. Anyone? Does this need to be in another section?
dlh
Formerly That OS X Guy

Post by dlh »

The "Network transition occurred." message doesn't look like an error message. I have it in my logs too, but the normal DirectoryService.server.log file rather than DirectoryService.error.log.

The "Debugger() was called!" is probably from Flash. I have a few of those messages show up when using Safari. It's just something Adobe accidently left in.
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope

Post by Phytotron »

OK, thanks. I hope they are as innocuous as that.