Size Factor problem

Post here if you need help setting up your server, etc.
INW
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Size Factor problem

Post by INW »

I have tried to find other posts to help me with the situation but they dont seem to help.

I have set size_factor to 0 and real_arena_size_Factor to 2...for some reason, once every round begins, it changes the size_factor back to like .3568472 or something around those lines.

I have also tried changing real_arena_size_factor and size_Factor to different numbers and it keeps changing back to size_factor of .3.......

I want to find out how to stop that because every map i try, it makes it too small to play and distorts the size of the original map.

I have tried putting the map i want into local game and it keeps changing the size_factor of the map there to .3....

If someone could give me an obvious reason for some mistake i have done, it would be greatly appreciated.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Re: Size Factor problem

Post by sinewav »

Is it possible there is a SIZE_FACTOR setting in the map itself? Can you post the problem map? Where are you loading the SIZE settings from? The console? A CFG file? What version are you using? Please provide a little more detail.

Also...

Code: Select all

REAL_ARENA_SIZE_FACTOR       The currently active arena size. Leave it alone! Change size_factor instead.
INW

Post by INW »

actually i have tried a ton of maps and they all do the same.

i have size_factor embedded in my .cfg file but i also took it out and tried through the console....didnt work.

Im usuing the new weird version 0.2.8_t2o_a20100123 dedicated

i dont think the version has anything to do with it though because this has happened before with older versions.

i do have real_arena_size_factor embedded in my .cfg file...would it help to remove that command so that the map could use it's original real_arena_size_aactor setting and just change size_factor to my liking?

The below pictures show when the server changes the size_Factor.... the first shows when the map is loaded......the size_factor when the map is loaded, it changes to that every time i change to any map. The second shows it when i just enter the server.
Attachments
real size thingy.jpg
screenshot_97.png
Van-hayes
Round Winner

Post by Van-hayes »

Does this happen when there is more than just you in a server or just when it is 1 person? I know some servers/maps have it so the arena is smaller if it is just one person. I think the Setting is SP_size_factor, try changing that to 1 or whatever you want, as well as the Size_factor and real_arena_size_factor.
You've gone too far, turn back!
Jonathan
A Brave Victim

Post by Jonathan »

Use SIZE_FACTOR and SP_SIZE_FACTOR. The 'real' version is changed constantly by the game to reflect the others*, just leave it alone like it says.

*Yes, it's not the same number. The 'non-real' settings are not of a concrete unit, but rather they double or halve the area with every step up or down. A 'real' number of 0.35something corresponds to a 'non-real' -3, which was probably SP_SIZE_FACTOR's value in this case.
ˌɑrməˈɡɛˌtrɑn
INW

Post by INW »

i never thought of the sp_size_factor duhhhhhhhhhhhhh cuz this is always happenning when it is only me.

Thank you