Forfeit in the FPL

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Forfeit in the FPL

Post by Word »

So...what happened?
gawdzilla
Liz of the many names

Re: Forfeit in the FPL

Post by gawdzilla »

Plus was beating DS up by a 100 points, if not then more.. there was some talk going on (nothing bad, check logs) and DS started yelling STFU, G5 said something stupid to me in German so I replied "du bist ein schweinehund" as a joke, I got kicked by him, later teen got kicked too I think. DS reset the score after we got kicked, then claimed we did it and we kicked people.. while the only moderator on Plus, me, was already gone from the server. Also, its impossible to kick admins [as a mod/teamleader]. After the whole ordeal, ALL of DS left the server without saying anything or trying to resolve anything.

Logs need to be checked, and posted, to see who was kicked by who and who reset the score. WE already know its DS, because none of us kicked anyone/nor reset the score, but for proof we need the logs.

Use this topic as a discussion as to what to do about teams that forfeit, thanks.

No drama, that'll come @ ladle27. :D
epsy
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by epsy »

Oh jeez.
teen
Round Winner

Post by teen »

uhhh long story short....

plus was beating ds

me and lizmatic started to make fun of them

match was over
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Is there anyway to get a log to verify these accusations? I would like to take a look at them (PM please). Although I am a member of Plus+, I am not on the FPL team, and I was not there to witness this. Even though my teammates have never done me wrong, I don't trust anything but evidence.

Please, please, please let's not post garbage here. If you have to say something, say it once, succinctly. Also, this is an FPL matter and should be handled on that website (not here) by the team captains on the appropriate page.

Thank you.
G5
Average Program

Post by G5 »

Just to clear one thing (because I am not in the mood to respond to Lizmatics lies):
There are no server logs. It is a virtual server with almost no disk space.
9 months ago, when I started the server I ran out of disk space after 2 weeks.
Now standard out and err of the Arma server processes are redirected to /dev/null.

I am sorry for that, but that's the way the server is. (It is for free.)

G5
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Hmm, can't you make it so that old logs get deleted or downloaded to your home machine? Just a suggestion.

Anyway, without logs or at least clientside recordings, how do you think you would handle REAL disputes about things happening during the game, or even the game's outcome? /me shudders.
gawdzilla
Liz of the many names

Post by gawdzilla »

lol@
(because I am not in the mood to respond to Lizmatics lies)
We were up SO many points -> why would Plus reset the score?
I was moderator, Conc was teamleader probably -> how could we have kicked the ADMIN? we had lower user privileges.

Clear that up you schweinehund.
:|

And now, like I said on Mumble.. DS magically doesn't have the logs anymore. Right...

Rematch or forfeit, like I said on the FPL page, I would give DS a rematch and beat them again.. no problem. If they refuse, they forfeit. Everyone agree? I would even give them another chance by making the score 0 - 0 again, thats how nice I am.

<3
rugkei
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by rugkei »

Oh, that's sweet Lizmatic, but.......
....... You and Player9 said we are easier to pwn like ...! Emm are you sure you have never lost some fpl's? Lol you guys suck! Or you said to sunny girl, you ******* german slamp, and a lot more things... Then our admin kicked and banned you and Player 9.
After that, your Mod (Concord or you) kicked and banned zion ( he wasn't admin, G5 was admin ). Then we all left, beacause we don't need a children club like you are.

Idk who reset the scores..........

...but I'm looking forward to rematch +.
epsy
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by epsy »

as long as you can use the KICK command, you can kick anyone
Word

Post by Word »

rugkei wrote:You and Player9 said we are easier to pwn like ...!
like... :?:
Concord
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Concord »

I had teamleader, I'm not sure whether that has kicking privileges because I never kicked anyone. Explain why a member of plus, the team winning 144-40 would do anything to end that match?
Olive
Match Winner

Post by Olive »

This reminds me of:

Olive a.k.a ZeMu, MoonFlower & chicken.
Word

Post by Word »

sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

rugkei wrote:Then our admin kicked and banned you and Player 9.
After that, your Mod (Concord or you) kicked and banned zion ( he wasn't admin, G5 was admin ). Then we all left, beacause we don't need a children club like you are.
Well, I guess that is all the proof we needed.

I'm sorry my teammates are verbally abusive at times. However, the correct response in any situation like that is to silence the player locally. Kicking is not the appropriate response. There was no reason for it. If your feelings are hurt, you can silence locally. That's what that feature is for. It's safe to say the fault lies with DS in this case. I suggest you learn to silence players you don't like in the future. (I do it all the time - It works wonderfully.)

I know I'm a third party here, but I'm worried about this rematch idea because we are setting precedent. What's to stop a losing team from sabotaging a game knowing a rematch must take place? I guess we can allow a rematch between Plus and DS, but the discussion of what to do in this situation must continue.

And it should continue at the FPL site between team captains.
http://fortresspremierleague.pbworks.com/Forfeit