Ladle 24 Voting Discussion

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

destiny
Average Program

Re: Ladle 24 Voting Discussion

Post by destiny »

sometimes the reason the matches start late is because of lack of communication between teams, esp if there are a lot of talking spectators. and another cause of lateness is because of problems with auth. for example if the team leader wasn't given leader permissions and can't lock their team that can cause problems. also if the losing team doesn't leave that causes problems with shuffling and the server being too full to get the actual players in and such. i think everyone is getting better with auth as we learn the commands, but it is a learning curve and is taking time.
kyle
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder
Location: Indiana, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe, Multiverse

Post by kyle »

have you taken a look or printed out Epsy's Admin Cheat sheet?
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

kyle wrote:have you taken a look or printed out Epsy's Admin Cheat sheet?
It rules BTW. I used to make it my computer's desktop image, but know I know it well enough.
Sage
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Sage »

I am not sure if anyone has talked about this.
Maybe if you lose on your first match, you go to another bracket of other people that lost their first match, then if they are realy good they can beat all the teams that lost, and when the finals come between 2 people, one loses and the loser can face the other for true second. It makes it clear who is 3rd or 4th.
Do you guys get what I am saying?
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Sage wrote:Do you guys get what I am saying?
Yeah totally. That's called "double elimination," and it's how Destiny runs the Ww CTF tournaments. It's been considered, but not seriously - yet. I'm sure it might get brought up again if the Ladle times continue to spin out of control. Thanks Sage.
DDMJ
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by DDMJ »

destiny wrote:and another cause of lateness is because of problems with auth. for example if the team leader wasn't given leader permissions and can't lock their team that can cause problems.
this is why each team now has a designated team captain who's GID is posted on the challenge board