CAS

What do you want to see here? Some more categories, forums, and mods? Hmm...
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

CAS

Post by Tank Program »

I'd like to explain to everyone a little bit of a predicament I'm in. In order for me to graduate next year from highschool, the program that I'm in requires that I have spent at least 150 hours total over the two year duration of the program doing what is called CAS. CAS, as you may have guessed, is an acronym for Creativity, Action, and Service. Service as in helping others, action as in gym, and creativity as in doing creative things. Now, I've got a plan for the Action and the Service. For Action I have gym, and for Service I help out at PearPC.net. But, for creativity, I was thinking my work here could count. Hmm, I just noticed I left out some details. In the minimum 150 hours, at least 50 hours should be spent on each division, and at least 25 hours each year. Stuff from as far back as the summer before this year of school started can count. How it works is each activity has a 'supervisor' who can verify that the student (me) has done the work. Now, over the internet it is tricky to verify the number of hours spent on something. But, I think I've spent maybe 30 hours since last summer doing creative things for the armagetron community, and I'd be very grateful if someone who has been around that long and has seen what I've done could be my 'supervisor' and could fill out a form for me that consists basically of their name, signature, phone number, how many hours, and a few short comments on how I've been doing at it.

I'm not asking anyone to lie for me and if no one feels I've done enough creative work, well, I'll just have to do more. but, if someone could be my 'supervisor' I'd be really grateful.

Tank Program
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

Tank, I'd be happy to volunteer for this. The only catch is I'd like to see a list and some familiarity with the qualifications of "creativity". I know you've written some code that certainly took some hours, and there's certainly other stuff. So, make a list, send me an email with the form and I'll print it and sign it and scan it and send it back. (presumably the form requires something like a list of some sort?)

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
Tank Program

Post by Tank Program »

Thanks Lucifer... For everyone interested I'll scan in the papers I've gotten explaining it so you can see how they define it. (Just re-reading them what the teacher in charge of CAS said to me before was a bit more slack than how it is written down.)
Tank Program

Post by Tank Program »

Anyone? Lucifer, I sent you a pm?

The deadline for this is coming up...
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Oh, sorry, I thought you wanted to post the papers here and forgot about it, supposing your post would turn up in the "last posts" list...

I can be your supervisor, too. It's not a lie since I can supervise your stuff a posteriory. The big question though is whether it counts as creativity. It surely does in the true sense of the word (you created something), but maybe the CAS program aims at less technical things that are supposed to broaden your horizon or something.
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

Ack! How far away is the deadline? I'm beat right now, about to fall asleep at the wheel... I can get on it tonight. How much time is there?

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
Tank Program

Post by Tank Program »

I have to have the stuff in next week. Thanks for your offer z-man, but it looks like lucifer has got me covered. No need to rush it though, go to sleep lucifer, just don't forget about it (as I did...)... I'll attach the forms about it as I forgot to do that. (Only posted them to lucifer...)
Attachments
About CAS.zip
(1.19 MiB) Downloaded 302 times
dlh
Formerly That OS X Guy

Post by dlh »

I hope Lucifer has some A4 paper laying around :!: