A thing we'd like very much

What do you want to see in Armagetron soon? Any new feature ideas? Let's ponder these ground breaking ideas...
AdyLucifer
Average Program

A thing we'd like very much

Post by AdyLucifer »

Hey all, well im here to bring more headaches yep :P. since i dont know c++ i have to ask u guys to try this.
well i know that arma is kindof 'dead', not other new versions coming out etc,but what would be 'fun' and a bit (only a bit) useful would be:
-Using this forum's username and password to login into armagetron's network game, so noone can 'steal' ur nickname.
-That would help developing a new kind of 'ladder' which would show as in many games the lvl (level) at the left side of ur nick when hitting tab.(maybe for each server a individual lvl,or if theres possible to make that all servers send the user's info to a main server--somewhere i saw a database, wrtl's i think. with all arma users online time, well if we could do the same for scores, using some math u could get the lvl thing working, actually i'd recommend that for the level thing u can use the actual ladder, so if i got 12.65 points im lvl 12.it wouldnt be progressive as lvl12 then 13 then 14, because if u dont play for a while it will get down...also maybe restricting kicking hjigher level players?if u re lvl1 u cant kick a lvl50 or such..dont know.)

Well thanks for reading this, i know its a lot of work (which luke could do for 100 bucks he said) lol
Is it possible for the future?(something like 2100),peace.
The death is so sure of its victory,that it gives us a whole life to try escape.
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Re: A thing we'd like very much

Post by Tank Program »

AdyLucifer wrote:well i know that arma is kindof 'dead', not other new versions coming out etc
Oh what sweet irony, I just wrote on the main website about how we're not dead. Your first suggestion is something that you're not the first to think of. Everyone's thought of it and about it. It's been brought up so many times that it's been beaten to death. It's... somewhere in the pipeline. Try searching the forums for things like "authentication" if you want to know all about it.

The same for your second idea. Luke-Jr just came up with something that uses stats garnered from various participating server to come up with a ranking. Note that this has been done before, but a system like you suggest isn't feasible until the other bit is done.
AdyLucifer
Average Program

Post by AdyLucifer »

tank i wrote this with my best intentions, sorry if i had no time to read all the forum as i got no time to read the bible, :)
Then i hope it will become reality, then this will rock! for sure.
Pz.
The death is so sure of its victory,that it gives us a whole life to try escape.
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

Well, unlike the bible, the forums have a search feature that's pretty easy to use, and if it's not, there's always google (if you type "site:forums.armagetronad.net" after your search terms, it will only return results from here).

Anyway, I (and others) have a strong objection to making any player un-kickable. Regular social mechanisms already make it hard enough to kick someone who's a jerk, but well-known in the community.

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
Concord
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Concord »

No BibleSearchfunction?

Think again
Rain
Round Winner

Post by Rain »

damn, why does concord steal my ideas?
END OF LINE
Luke-Jr
Dr Z Level

Post by Luke-Jr »

Concord wrote:No BibleSearchfunction?
Not only does that search unapproved and corrupt translations, but it doesn't even include the most accurate and also approved ones. Try this one instead.
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

It's always a good idea to let powerful organizations approve your reading material.

- Iron Maiden
Luke-Jr
Dr Z Level

Post by Luke-Jr »

Lucifer wrote:It's always a good idea to let powerful organizations approve your reading material.
The key isn't the Church's power, but her indefectability.
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

Is it because the Church is comprised of the most perfect people to walk the earth since Jesus himself, that they cannot make any mistakes in their judgement?

- Iron Maiden
Luke-Jr
Dr Z Level

Post by Luke-Jr »

Lucifer wrote:Is it because the Church is comprised of the most perfect people to walk the earth since Jesus himself, that they cannot make any mistakes in their judgement?
No, it's because the Church is guaranteed indefectability through the protection of the Holy Ghost.
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

How does that work? Does the holy ghost actually pick the writings?

- Iron Maiden
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

/me knew this one would go ballistic as soon as he read the word "Bible".
Luke-Jr
Dr Z Level

Post by Luke-Jr »

Lucifer wrote:How does that work? Does the holy ghost actually pick the writings?
The Holy Ghost just guides the ordinary magisterium and the popes of the Church to guarantee they cannot teach heresy authoritatively. If that cannot happen without the pope dying, the pope will die.
Rain
Round Winner

Post by Rain »

if it were up to the church, now you wouldn't be using a computer.
Last edited by Rain on Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
END OF LINE