AFL Fall Season

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

Lucifer
Project Developer

AFL Fall Season

Post by Lucifer »

The AFL lives!

Hurry up and sign up, because the games are starting almost before you know it!

http://wiki.armagetronad.net/index.php? ... ignup_Page

There are some notable differences. Roster size has been increased to 12, and playable team size has increased to 6. Also, this will be a full season, and you will play more armagetron than you ever really wanted to. Also, Durka has signed on to help organize. Ok, let's not lie, he's volunteered to do almost everything. Lucifer still has a busy schedule, but will be available whenever an impartial judge is needed, and to help in other ways when he can. Otherwise, Durka's the man.

Let's all give Durka a big thank you for making the fall season possible!

The season should be wrapping up before Christmas, so hurry up and get in there, and start kicking ass. Don't worry about taking down names, we'll handle that for you.

For more information:

http://durkas.info/afl/
Last edited by Lucifer on Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Yay! Hooray for Durka and Lucifer!
DDMJ
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by DDMJ »

Flex
Round Winner

Post by Flex »

Thanks allot Durka. This is kind of relevant to how I was feeling about Armagetron and Fortress in general and you've saved it. :)
Legit
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Legit »

like the new rules :)
ender
Average Program

Post by ender »

this may be a stupid question but i can't seem to find the answer any where...
what is the deadline for sign-ups?
Lackadaisical
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Lackadaisical »

ender wrote: what is the deadline for sign-ups?
Also, as mentioned here, how about changing the time the matches start? IIRC the early timing was so it wouldn't interfere with the ladle, but since that isn't an issue anymore..
Luke-Jr
Dr Z Level

Post by Luke-Jr »

If anyone needs a home server... http://lightfoot.dashjr.org/?page=afl
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

Lackadaisical wrote:
ender wrote: what is the deadline for sign-ups?
Also, as mentioned here, how about changing the time the matches start? IIRC the early timing was so it wouldn't interfere with the ladle, but since that isn't an issue anymore..
Oh yeah. Durka and I agreed on a deadline for signups, but I forgot it. I'm waiting still for him to come here and remind us all. :)

As for the time the matches start, it was chosen to accommodate teams playing on the same server at the same time (when two teams have the same home server) and also to accommodate if a team had to play two games in a row. If there's a 2 hour hot spot, and every game takes close to 2 hours to play, and you have two games that need to use that hot spot, the compromise says to let each game have a roughly equal share of the hotspot. (If you recall, I said I'd go ahead and schedule on Sunday since the Ladle was temporarily suspended to make room for the AFL, so I definitely didn't pick schedule times in an effort to avoid clashing with the Ladle ;) )

Hopefully Durka will take both our posts into account when he makes the schedule. :)

- Iron Maiden
DDMJ

Post by DDMJ »

Ok guys, so here's the upcoming schedule:

I wasn't planning on setting a signup deadline since I figured all 8 teams would signup with a nice amount of players pretty quickly, but that wasn't totally true.

As far as players per team goes (SP: 10, TD: 10, |x|: 10, DS: 12, TR: 9, MBC: 9, KoD: 7), only CT is short players; they only have 5 so far. But, for most of the teams their roster sizes are pretty decent.

Anyways, (CT people pay attention!) I'm setting the signup deadline for this Friday at 23:59 GMT (11:59pm GMT, 7:59pm EDT, etc.).

What's the signup deadline mean? Well, before the signup deadline, teams can freely edit their rosters. After the deadline this Friday, the teams will need to first consult myself or Lucifer if they wish to add/drop players.

Why's this you may ask? The reason is simple: we don't want teams randomly picking up players 5 minutes before gametime to play in their games. The whole idea of the AFL is that it's a team competition. Not a different group of players playing together each week.

So please guys, (especially CT again!) go finish filling out your rosters. It's always better to have more players than less ;).

Also, don't get swayed by the fact that you are playing with your "clan". CT can go out and ask players just to play with them in the AFL (like when 2020 played with |x|).

----------------------

Ok, now some really important stuff:

Only 18 of the 71 players (not including myself) have signed up for the AFL mailing list.

If you're one of the 53 players that hasn't signed up for it yet (and you know who you are!), I urge you to go do so.

Your email address will be kept invisible to others so there's no harm in signing up.

It will also relieve me from having to post the same message on 20 different forums.

What are the advantages of signing up for the mailing list?:

Well, it will tell you exactly when, where, and who your game for the next week is against.

It will also fill you in on the results from the previous weekend as well as updated standings.

So please, go signup for the mailing list. It's at the top of every page of the official AFL site. Just enter your email address in the box and hit subscribe.

P.S. The first newsletter will come out this Sunday (notifying you guys of the first round of games on Oct. 14th)

----------------------

OR, if you are way too lazy to signup for the mailing list, everything you will need to know is on the AFL site.

This includes:
  • The entire regular season schedule
  • Individual team schedules
  • The up-to-date master roster
  • All the results from each week (including screenshots and recordings)
  • Individual team results pages
  • ...other good stuff as well ;)
----------------------

Thank you to the 71 of you that have already signed up!

Go finalize your team rosters, signup for the mailing list, and browse the official AFL site!

P.S. The final schedules are going to be completed by this Saturday.

----------------------

Let's make this a great tournament guys, and may the best team win :D.

Yours truly,

Durka

8)

» AFL - Official Site
Outside Corner Grinder

Post by 2020 »

um...
can i play?

i been out of the loop
and though my ping is over 300 out here in the sticks
it would be nice to participate...

looks like i missed the deadline
so...
what can i do now....?

ps
i especially like the name
tronic donkeys
hehehhe
hold the line
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Sorry about last weeks server trouble. I'm a sucker when it comes to cheking websites for updates, Durka's mails were eaten by the spam filtering troll I keep around (found them in its stomach today), and electric power in the institute housing my server was down over last weekend for rearrangements (I think it should have been up again on Sunday, though, but I would have had to bike over and turn the machine back on). All completely my fault. /me sets alarm clock for tonight.
~*PsYkO*~

Post by ~*PsYkO*~ »

no one is responding to my PMs? can omega and demon be added to our roster or no?
DDMJ

Post by DDMJ »

PsYkO wrote:no one is responding to my PMs? can omega and demon be added to our roster or no?
I didn't respond, but I just went ahead and added them when you sent me that PM: http://durkas.info/afl/roster.php#sp
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

Heh, sorry, I didn't respond either, but talked to Durka about it. :) Y'all are fine, don't worry.

- Iron Maiden