QUARG'S new and improved sumo.

Designed a level that creates new, exciting, and challenging Armagetron game play? Or maybe just something funky. Put it right here.
ed
Match Winner

Post by ed »

philippeqc wrote:wont it advantage the players sitting closer to the "front" of the zone?
It did that with with traditional spawn points. These were changed on Howl's so everyone had a fair shot to get front of the zone.
No denying though it did become a battle for the front with the winner often being the one who could block all other players from the front.
Funny though when all four zone groups collided in the center of the grid.
It was fun, but it took away from the beauty of the sumo game somewhat. Hence why it's popularity was shortlived.
QUARG
Round Winner

Post by QUARG »

I see, good points.
madmax
Round Winner

Post by madmax »

On the 5pods map there's something a bit... wrong.
If you die on the first zones immediately before the transport, you get a free revive.
That's unfair when you kill people near the end of the first phase, but it's close to the time limit...
Winner of the How Many Pages Before The Lock® competition and a grand total of 18,93 euros in Euromillions.
kyle
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder
Location: Indiana, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe, Multiverse

Post by kyle »

not sure what you are saying but as soon as the Transport zone comes out it tells the scripts you are in it
then it kills you
then it transfers you to new area

so maybe that kill it does to transfer is the death you are talking about?
ed
Match Winner

Post by ed »

It happened whilst I was there so I was able to check the logs.
It was because there's a short time between the time the player enters the "transporter" (or target) zone and the time he is respawned. If he/she gets killed between those two times, he/she will get a second life in the centre.
I've added an extra check to try and keep the dead buried. It will certainly have caught the one I looked at.
If you see it again can you cry BUG: player 1 came back fron the dead! or something.
madmax
Round Winner

Post by madmax »

Another one.

I somehow didn't get transported into the inner zone on the 5pods map. The other alive player was, though.
"BUG: i didn't get transported to the inner zone" should be there.
Winner of the How Many Pages Before The Lock® competition and a grand total of 18,93 euros in Euromillions.
ed
Match Winner

Post by ed »

Thanks madmax. I can see it happened, it actually respawned P4 twice and you not at all.
Not sure why though. Will run some tests.
Loor
Average Program

Post by Loor »

Played on the server today guys, great work! Although I'm not much of a sumo fan, i really enjoyed it!

Keep up the good work! :D