To the non-retarded programmers on this forum

Everything todo with programming goes HERE.

Is C a low level language?

Yes
50%
No
50%

Total votes: 8

Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

Pirate wrote: And careful who you call an idiot, im not the one who claimed he wrote programs in straight binary.
Nope, you're the one who only knows computers in the 90s. There were something like 4 or 5 decades of development before then, and yeah, many of us old C-64 hacks did work directly in machine language from time to time. Computing didn't start with nasm and Gentoo Linux, peckerwood.

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
Pirate
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Pirate »

you got me now im scared.

haha, no, but honestly, everytime you post it's like a poker game having to seperate the truth from the bullshit. so im just going to stop. ive had my fair share of forum fun to last me a long time. The white supremacist thing was good though, haha.. OoooOOooOOooO binary boy. :lol:
Your_mom
Match Winner

Post by Your_mom »

anybody want to help me get the troll traps out of the garage?
n54
MVP

Post by n54 »

Your_mom wrote:anybody want to help me get the troll traps out of the garage?
Actually I'm just waiting for Pirate to be banned and forcibly removed... it has happened before.
Pirate
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Pirate »

haha, n54, you and lucifer should get a standup act together.
ishAdmin
Match Winner

Post by ishAdmin »

This reminds me of a completely irrational "discussion" I had about 20 years ago with a guy who insisted it was foolish to program in Assembler. He coded in machine language directly, and was proud of the fact he could write faster code, and could exploit processor functions that Assembler programmers couldn't. And it didn't seem to matter what processor or architecture, it was true for all of them. I truly believe he didn't understand what assembler instructions actually represented. Anyway, I am reminded of that old discussion by this thread. I wonder why?

Ah the old days. IBM System 370. Punch cards. Black gold. Texas Tea.
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Post by Tank Program »

ishAdmin wrote:Ah the old days. IBM System 370. Punch cards. Black gold. Texas Tea.
:) This is what my father worked with too... He's told me some great stories about those systems, the 650, 705, 1401, 360, 370, 390...

But anyway. Pirate, your attitude seems to be out of place compared to everyone elses', which are insightful comments and include useful links. That, considering that you started this thread, just seems wrong.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

If we use google to to settle fights, we use it with style:
http://www.googlefight.com/index.php?la ... l+language
or better yet
http://www.googlefight.com/index.php?la ... l+language
Seems to me that both views have a right to exist.
Both Pirate and the linked site don't seem to know that to make the results worth anyting at all, you have to enclose what you search for in quotes.

I truly wonder what Pirate's problem is. His first posts seemed to be normal and nice enough, but something seems to have ticked him off. I guess it is is inability to laugh about himself. That tends to make people completely humorless. He's dead serious. That he pretends to be laughing at us only supports this, you can tell that he's really, really angry. Poor guy.
Your_mom wrote:anybody want to help me get the troll traps out of the garage?
Naaah. Just ignore everyting that's big, ugly and hairy/rocky. Usually it will wander off.
Your_mom
Match Winner

Post by Your_mom »

n54 wrote:banned and forcibly removed... it has happened before.
ahhh good ol brazil rules now there was a guy that had the ability to upset people... yep. Once he stopped enjoying annoying people i found him to be a pretty good player/person. He still got under my skin a couple times. ah those where the days. actually kinda miss the guy heh without someone that evil on the grid the force is out of balence and is doomed to tilt, now only luke can balence out the force.... yep im rambling its 430 am here and i hav'nt slept yet
Pirate
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Pirate »

Original post deleted due to content... - Tank Program
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

No, you would be too smart for that.
Way back in school, I already had a gun put to my head. I was not afraid, although I knew the guy with the gun hated me. Because I knew he was too smart to let one small moment of satisfaction mess up the rest of his life.
n54
MVP

Post by n54 »

Your_mom wrote:without someone that evil on the grid the force is out of balence and is doomed to tilt, now only luke can balence out the force.... yep im rambling its 430 am here and i hav'nt slept yet
I don't think he was evil (but he might have thought so) he just needed to learn a bit of manners and realize that the internet isn't this anonymous place where he can dump his hatred without consequences. I think he did realize the last part to some degree (for his sake I hope so).

As for staying up late... lol, we can blame it on dual textures :mrgreen:
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

n54 wrote:As for staying up late... lol, we can blame it on dual textures :mrgreen:
Yeah, good work over there. I just hope a new system will not destroy what you have done. I can't think of any real reason for a compatibility break, though.
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

z-man wrote:If we use google to to settle fights, we use it with style:
http://www.googlefight.com/
or better yet
http://www.googlefight.com/
Seems to me that both views have a right to exist.
Both Pirate and the linked site don't seem to know that to make the results worth anyting at all, you have to enclose what you search for in quotes.
Sorry z-man, I couldn't resist. :)

http://www.googlefight.com/index.php?la ... a+dickhead

- Iron Maiden
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

Pirate wrote:yeah you guys are lucky you don't attend my school, it would be columbine all over again. :evil:
bring it, pencil-necked geek. :lol:

- Iron Maiden