Macro Cheating

Anything about how you get those awesome core-dumps, or why you don't get them...
nicolas.b
Grid Clown
Location: west philly Quotation: "Everybody's stuck being a moderator, but me. Sweet!"

Macro Cheating

Post by nicolas.b »

n54 said this and i would guess we all agree:

i think most players would frown upon using any macro's (both for drawing or for playing) the whole point is to do it manually because thats where the fun is - there's no fun just pressing one key and sitting back...

well, yesterday i ran into someone doing this for the first time. he wasn't exactly cheating, just using these macros to draw repetitive tiny mazes. problem is, the lag bomb on the server (goshdarn) was beyond belief- pretty much frazzled anyone's chances of playing a normal match. the things that happened were the armagetron equivalent of being on LSD i would guess. i think commie was there under an alias but i'm not totally sure.

so this was kind of fun at the time, but if enough kids start doing this, then life could be miserable on the servers. i guess i'm just worrying out loud...
Communist
Average Program

Post by Communist »

I don't think I was there, and if I was there I was probably asleep and didn't notice...

but yes, even if it's to make infinitely tiny mazes, I'd definitely prefer to mash my keyboard... so much more fun...
I like rice. And all other kinds of Chinese food.

http://commutron.iwarp.com <-- very infrequently updated
RUDEBOY!
Match Winner

Post by RUDEBOY! »

why would you even other to use macros. if youre on the game grid with any of us macros aint gonna help you!
Seeker
Round Winner

Post by Seeker »

Armagetron Forums Forum Index -> Armagoshdarn -> screen shots

thats where i posted about this. I made a simple macro to do a 180, and it killed me most of the time, SOO.......The keyboard is still king IMHO!
HEY!!!!! Respect your elders...........Let us win a round!!!
nicolas.b
Grid Clown
Location: west philly Quotation: "Everybody's stuck being a moderator, but me. Sweet!"

Post by nicolas.b »

RUDEBOY! wrote:why would you even other to use macros. if youre on the game grid with any of us macros aint gonna help you!
he wasn't doing it to gain a playing advantage, he was doing it because it was 'fun'. basically he streamed out series of intricate little boxes behind him. with the macros it was therefore possible to bombard the server with keystrokes without dyiing. on goshdarn it easily causes a lag bomb, on others i'm not sure. if you run into him on the grid you might guess him by his handle.
Seeker
Round Winner

Post by Seeker »

I think i know who your talkin about nicolas. i just dont recall the name now.
RUDEBOY!
Match Winner

Post by RUDEBOY! »

i know what you were talking about but people also use macros to gain a strategic advantage
Seeker
Round Winner

Post by Seeker »

I agree with your first post rude:

RUDEBOY! wrote:
why would you even other to use macros. if youre on the game grid with any of us macros aint gonna help you!