no sig

What do you want to see here? Some more categories, forums, and mods? Hmm...
Evil Inside
On Lightcycle Grid

no sig

Post by Evil Inside »

sig enabled in profile but not displayed in messages

bug in new template ?
Keep your friends close and your enemys closer
http://evil.3d.net
Evil Inside
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Evil Inside »

haha nvm
as soon as i posted this message the sig appeared !

so it looks like its not updating until a post is sent. odd
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

You know you can edit your posts, right? :o
philippeqc
Long Poster - Project Developer - Sage

Re: no sig

Post by philippeqc »

Evil Inside wrote:Keep your friends close and your enemys closer
Humm, I've checked your web site, and there is only the picture of your avatar.

If it is a "hidden" site, a place where you need to know a secret file name/folder name, you should know that "security through obsurity" (not revealing a secret information) is only considered as a security option by lawyers, never by actual security professionals.

In other word, your site at the moment is a big sign saying "he come here and try to hack me, it must have some hidden info and it wont be hard to get it" to anyone having a bit of time on their hands.

Just thought you should know, and maybe change your security tactic if I've guessed it properly.

-ph

Nota: Just started a security class 3 weeks ago. Does it show?
Nota 2: I've got the flu (the one that is bacterial, not viral, dont remeber the english name) at the moment. The first night of the flu, I've had a series of nightmare about armies trying to keep secure communication channels with a common cipher algo, but because they had to transmit the key first in cleartext, they tried to keep a channel open as long as possible to avoid sending in a new key that would be captured. But keeping a channel open with the same key only helps the enemy to find the key. Add to that the normal "flu effect" of waiking up ever hour in sweat in your bed, while mumbling "why dont you distribute tables of pre-generated keys" or other security comments! lo. It was a nasty nightmare!
Nota 3: If you didnt get a thing about my last comment but are truly interested in encryption history, google about the "enigma" machine. My nightmare was about _some_ of the fallout of the machine! Really!
Canis meus id comedit.
Evil Inside
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Evil Inside »

Lucifer wrote:You know you can edit your posts, right?
first thing i tried didnt help, sig only updates on new posts
ive also been back to my post about anti-wall slide and i had no sig there until i posted a reply then it appeared
this is not how the forum used to be so someone has patched the code here and screwed something up
philippeqc wrote:Humm, I've checked your web site, and there is only the picture of your avatar.

If it is a "hidden" site, a place where you need to know a secret file name/folder name, you should know that "security through obsurity" (not revealing a secret information) is only considered as a security option by lawyers, never by actual security professionals.
move the cursor around a little you may find something :wink:
philippeqc

Post by philippeqc »

Evil Inside wrote: move the cursor around a little you may find something :wink:
No offense, but if there is really something you'd want me to find, you'd better tell me. Its impressive how when you have the flu, you just dont care about anything.

What I'm saying is that no amount of white text over white backgroung or other neat trick can resist a Ctrl-U "view-source". Anyone wanting to access content could just fire up wget and scan in depth your web server, and then fire up a good old text editor and read it all locally.

There is 2 things you should read in what I'm saying:
a) security through obscurity is a myth.
Which means: If you have a web page with many tricks and you offer it for ppl to have fun, then ignore the previous. But if you are actually trying to protect content, then you should revise it fast.
b) I have the flu. This mean I have a 7 sec attention span. I did go back to your page, moved the mouse. Nothing within the 7 sec. I'm done. Its not a comment on you or your web page, I'm just not interested.
Which mean:
i) if you think its important for me to see your web site, I need clear instructions.
ii) if you think I'm a pretentius bozo who should stay in his cave and is not worth your fine html skill, then just totally ignore all my posts.

On second though, point b falls so lower than point a. Security through obscurity is a myth is REALLY all I had to say.

-ph

Today's pretentius bozo has been presented by Flu-man's action figure! Now with the patented "nose-whipping" action-move.
Buy it today!
Canis meus id comedit.
Evil Inside
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Evil Inside »

chill out mate the site is only for fun

nothing there but some silly text on the main page and and 2 clickable links (one takes you to the secret page and the other back to the main page)

btw using select all is a great way to find hidden text and links on web pages :wink:
philippeqc

Post by philippeqc »

Check your source, you actually got a table and a bunch link in there....

i dont know if its volontary or not.

-ph
Canis meus id comedit.
Evil Inside
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Evil Inside »

yes i know why thats there but all that crap shouldnt appear when viewing the pages
dont worry about it :wink:
Matrox
Core Dumper

Post by Matrox »

Evil Inside wrote:yes i know why thats there but all that crap shouldnt appear when viewing the pages
dont worry about it :wink:

You are using a little trick. Yes
Last edited by Matrox on Thu Nov 04, 2004 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sabarai
The Former Man of Cheese

Post by Sabarai »

easy 2 find evil: just press ctrl + a or select everything with mouse lol...

DO NOT CLICK
iceman
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder
Location: Yorkshire, England. Quote: Its the fumes, they make one want to play

Post by iceman »

not good matrox not good
Image He who laughs last, probably has a back-up
sorry about the large animated gif
n54
MVP

Post by n54 »

philippeqc wrote:Nota: Just started a security class 3 weeks ago. Does it show?
Nota 2: I've got the flu (the one that is bacterial, not viral, dont remeber the english name) at the moment. The first night of the flu, I've had a series of nightmare about armies trying to keep secure communication channels with a common cipher algo, but because they had to transmit the key first in cleartext, they tried to keep a channel open as long as possible to avoid sending in a new key that would be captured. But keeping a channel open with the same key only helps the enemy to find the key. Add to that the normal "flu effect" of waiking up ever hour in sweat in your bed, while mumbling "why dont you distribute tables of pre-generated keys" or other security comments! lo. It was a nasty nightmare!
Nota 3: If you didnt get a thing about my last comment but are truly interested in encryption history, google about the "enigma" machine. My nightmare was about _some_ of the fallout of the machine! Really!
lol guess what? it shows! :D

best of luck getting rid of the flu (det er forkjølelse du tenker på og ikke influensa eller? forkjølelse er "cold", som i "I've gotten a cold") beklager at jeg ikke er god nok i svensk til å vite hva forkjølelse er, kanskje "snua"? ;)

in case you don't learn otherwise don't be too afraid of your dream scenario, it's not how things are done (or would be done in such a situation) anymore :) ...even in sweden! J/K *runs to hide* hehe :D (i know you know that but i had to make a joke about sweden ;) )
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

philippeqc wrote: Nota 2: I've got the flu (the one that is bacterial, not viral, dont remeber the english name) at the moment. The first night of the flu, I've had a series of nightmare about armies trying to keep secure communication channels with a common cipher algo, but because they had to transmit the key first in cleartext, they tried to keep a channel open as long as possible to avoid sending in a new key that would be captured. But keeping a channel open with the same key only helps the enemy to find the key. Add to that the normal "flu effect" of waiking up ever hour in sweat in your bed, while mumbling "why dont you distribute tables of pre-generated keys" or other security comments! lo. It was a nasty nightmare!
Could be worse. The stomach flu has been in my house this past week, and hit the hardest the day I was running around to UT and ACC trying to figure out what I needed to do to start school and get someone else to pay for it. Hit the rest of my family first, and it finally hit me this morning, after I collapsed on the couch after having had something like 5 hours of sleep over the previous 72 hours.

Factor in that I'm intending to study Aerospace Engineering.

So I kept waking up today thinking I was a rocket engine and wondering why they won't let me fly. Woke up several times and tried to remember my name, but all I was coming up with was that I was an outdated rocket that NASA had developed in the 60s, never used, and even though I had a lot of promise, I never went anywhere. Not even suborbital. And Armadillo Aerospace was interested in taking me apart and figuring out what they could use, but since I was useless, there wasn't much. In the meantime, Burt Rutan had gone orbital and was lookinga t building a colony on the moon.

I don't know what's worse, the weird nightmare about being a rocket engine, or trying and failing to remember my real name.

And the model of rocket engine? The Lucifer 1.
n54
MVP

Post by n54 »

lol lucifer and sorry to hear you've got a stomach flu, hope you get rid of it soon
Lucifer wrote:So I kept waking up today thinking I was a rocket engine and wondering why they won't let me fly.
stay away from the LOX! ;)