Osama is dead now.

Anything About Anything...
INW
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Re: Osama is dead now.

Post by INW »

There is a difference between killing 5000 civilians and killing 5000 soldiers- war bound troops.
FFIIXXIITT
Match Winner

Post by FFIIXXIITT »

Uh no there isn't
INW

Post by INW »

Most countries won't drop bombs on cities to get rid of a war. They would rather drop bombs on the army itself.

That is why we don't go around shooting civilians. We go around shooting the actual "criminals".

EXCEPTION: WWII
LucK
Shutout Match Winner

Post by LucK »

INW wrote:That is why we don't go around shooting civilians. We go around shooting the actual "criminals".
LOL!
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

INW wrote:There is a difference between killing 5000 civilians and killing 5000 soldiers- war bound troops.
Nice Red Herring.
Desolate
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Desolate »

INW wrote:Most countries won't drop bombs on cities to get rid of a war.
Wtf are you talking about? WWII much?
INW

Post by INW »

That is why I listed an exception.

I was looking at modern warfare.

Picking between a civilian and soldier is simple. Kill the soldier. The civilian is innocent.
That is how the government looks at it.

However, killing civilians has a higher impact on a country.
Mkay1
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Mkay1 »

What makes an army possible? Who comprises the military? Civilians. Sometimes they are unwillingly sent to war, Vietnam war, anyone. All soldiers are civilians technically.
matchbox53
Round Winner

Post by matchbox53 »

INW wrote:Most countries won't drop bombs on cities to get rid of a war. They would rather drop bombs on the army itself.

That is why we don't go around shooting civilians. We go around shooting the actual "criminals".

EXCEPTION: WWII

Are you serious ? cause i really don't think this is really true i dont know where you have been living but take a look at what the american troops did to the iraqis citzens . remember abu ghuraib ? or the other crimes have done from american soldiers to iraqi nations and also to afghanis and even when they were in sudan lebanon what do u think americans soldiers are ? why do u think there is so much hate towards them ?

seriously people if u dont know i suggest u go read before posting and if u dont wanna read and just post please try to be more less careless cause that will make you look really bad.

And i suggest everyone to start reading more about bin laden before throwing words see it from his point of view too remember when al aqaida was formed and for what purpose
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

wildcat wrote:Bush administration put alot of effort into finding the key players that helped them track Osama.
Er, not so much. "I am truly not that concerned about him," said Bush in 2002. Then in 2005 shut down the CIA unit focused on bin Laden, along with redirecting other counterterroism units. They did put a lot of effort into torture, but that didn't produce the intel that led to bin Laden. Oh yeah, and Tora Bora.

Z-Man wrote:
wildcat wrote:invade a country without their knowledge
Umm, what? According to all reports, the assault was coordinated with Pakistan. Pakistani forces were on site guarding the perimeter.
Er, no. What are you referring to? The operation that got bin Laden? What reports are you reading?

Mecca wrote:Reread and comprehend.
Aren't you cute? No, you need to be clearer in your statements on these rare occasions when you actually attempt a semi-intelligent post.
Mecca wrote:
Phytotron wrote:
Mecca wrote:If you aren't helping to fix the problem, you're part of it.
Coming from you, of all people?
Yes, coming from me. Is there a problem with that?
Yes, several previous statements of position from you have expressed the reverse. Are you indicting yourself as part of the problem now?

sinewav wrote:First, Bin Laden launches a war on western values....
Not so much. Bin Laden and al-Qa'ida's tactic was always to cut out the legs (the US) that were/are propping up what they view as illegitimate governments in the Middle East. He also spoke predominantly of destroying the US economically (success, as Lucifer rightly pointed out), not of changing so-called western values. "They hate us for our freedoms" was always a lie.

INW wrote:There is a difference between killing 5000 civilians and killing 5000 soldiers- war bound troops.
Is there a difference between killing 3,000 civilians in America (not all Americans) and hundreds of thousands of civilians in Afghanistan and Iraq (including sanctions and air strikes levied between the two Gulf Wars)?
INW wrote:Most countries won't drop bombs on cities to get rid of a war. They would rather drop bombs on the army itself.

"Get rid of" a war? I'm leaving that phrasing to mock itself. The rest, stark proof you don't read the news or have the first clue what you're talking about.
Last edited by Phytotron on Thu May 05, 2011 1:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

matchbox53 wrote:or the other crimes have done from american soldiers to iraqi nations and also to afghanis and even when they were in sudan lebanon what do u think americans soldiers are ?
Are you running for Miss Teen USA? There are multiple Iraqi nations? What is Sudan Lebanon? Everywhere like such as?

And for crying out loud, could you PLEASE try to use some basic punctuation? Capital letters, periods, commas. That post was gibberish and belittles whatever point you were trying to convey.
matchbox53
Round Winner

Post by matchbox53 »

Phytotron wrote:
matchbox53 wrote:or the other crimes have done from american soldiers to iraqi nations and also to afghanis and even when they were in sudan lebanon what do u think americans soldiers are ?
Are you running for Miss Teen USA? There are multiple Iraqi nations? What is Sudan Lebanon? Everywhere like such as?

And for crying out loud, could you PLEASE try to use some basic punctuation? Capital letters, periods, commas. That post was gibberish and belittles whatever point you were trying to convey.

o plz i dont really need someone to lecture me about english its not like you are my SAT teacher or something , and yes iraq has multiple of nations under 1 ground such as kurds and armenians if u dont know that go read more ... and again i repeat go read more of what US army have done before .

btw just to make things clear im not justifying what bin laden has done , but saying/believing that the deaths of thousands of innocents cause of 1 man is not really fair .
INW

Post by INW »

I wasn't trying to compare American civilians with afghan civilians.
I was just simply comparing any civilian to a soldier.
Sorry if that was confusing.

When in a city, I hope soldiers don;t start to open fire on random civilians walking down the road in a country they are sent to.
Killing a civilian who is peacefully walking down the road is different than killing a soldier.

Differently along the lines of morals.

That is what I think. Not comparing Americans to anyone, and don't intend to.

Soldiers or nations that disrespect the citizens of a nation because the enemy lives in that nation is horrible. I don't agree with it.
Mkay1
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Mkay1 »

Does the president of the United States have a right to kill someone? That is basically saying the "Seals, or government" murdered four (?) people.
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope

Post by Phytotron »

matchbox53 wrote:o plz i dont really need someone to lecture me about english
Yeah, you really do. But, if you insist on proudly making yourself look like an idiot, so be it. Just don't expect any respect from anyone, or for anyone to take seriously what you type.
and yes iraq has multiple of nations under 1 ground such as kurds and armenians
Wrong. Iraqi Kurdistan, as it is called, is an autonomous region within, and a federal entity of, Iraq. It is not a sovereign nation (although some think it should be). It is the only region in Iraq legally defined as such.

I don't know where you get the bit about Armenians or the rest of your "multiple of nations." I'm thinking you may not know what the word "nation" means.

INW, your first comment, "There is a difference between killing 5000 civilians and killing 5000 soldiers" followed posts about civilian casualties. Where did the "5000 soldiers" come from?

And, again, you remain uninformed. The US and other militaries have bombed the hell out of civilians as a part of "modern warfare."
Last edited by Phytotron on Thu May 05, 2011 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.