Tron Legacy Edition of Armagetron

What do you want to see in Armagetron soon? Any new feature ideas? Let's ponder these ground breaking ideas...

What do you think of a Tron: Legacy edition of Armagetron?

Great! It's a good idea!
18%
Sounds interesting, but I don't know...
24%
Disney and Tron: Legacy would never let you do that!
5%
Just buy the game, you cheap mother f***ers!
No votes
This is the worst idea ever.
16%
I honestly don't care.
26%
This is...just blah. It doesn't appeal to me but it's not horrifying either.
11%

Total votes: 38

Lucifer
Project Developer

Re: Tron Legacy Edition of Armagetron

Post by Lucifer »

syllabear wrote:Lucifer, thats not exactly true.

They used the same actor for Kevin Flynn as they did in the original. They used CG to figure out what his face would be like x amount of years ago and put it on someone else's body (for CLU and the early scenes where he was young again). Nobody else has ever done this before.
Yes, and Bruce Boxleitner showed up again, too. However, people have done that sort of CG work before, and if that's all they have to offer that's new, then they still failed.
And nobody HAD to make a movie. Stop complaining about it, seriously, the fact they did it should either be of no concern to you, or you should not complain about it. Sure say you didn't like it, but pointing out that they did it "wrong" is just your opinion. And one many people will probably disagree with
Offering an opinion about a movie isn't the same as complaining about it. Seriously, I just lectured an asperger's kid today on the difference between voicing your feelings and complaining about shit.

Sorry I didn't like your new favorite movie. Well, not really sorry.

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
17na
Average Program
Location: Fcon server. you are a true tron fan if you get the reference.

Post by 17na »

Ok why cant anyone start running an expiramental server with near free turning at high speeds with a specialy made map with large open spaces with cracks leading to other areas and such?maybe it would be decently succesfull I would try it out.
Cosmic Dolphin
Round Winner

Post by Cosmic Dolphin »

Chico maps on Crazy Tronners Wild Fortress are pretty close to that idea...And I can't stand them.
" Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
-Plato
Ok, but why did I add this signature? I was like 15 and thought I was smart? What a brat.
prospere
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by prospere »

Good Idea
Game Zone
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Game Zone »

sinewav wrote:Yeah, we've pretty much covered everything except for...

Wait for it...

Ramps and flying!
No, a long way from covering everything, skyboxes and selectable themes/moviepacks. Also be nice to have the game randomly pick themes or be able to pick a selection and have the game cycle through them.
Also bloom would also be good, after all things glow in Tron, but not in this game.
I would perfect this version of the game first before even thinking of anything else.