Turn on prediction by default

General Stuff about Armagetron, That doesn't belong anywhere else...

Should we turn on prediction by default?

Yes
37%
No
63%

Total votes: 49

DDMJ
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Re: Turn on prediction by default

Post by DDMJ »

Goodygumdrops wrote:it really doesn't make any difference gameplay wise, but there will always be newbies like donkey and this guy who think attacking is easier with prediction turned on
I'm guessing I'm "donkey" :P
sinewav wrote:But how about a feature where, when prediction is enabled, that switches automatically to disabled when spectating (after you've been eliminated)? I'm hesitant to start a new thread about this since it was mentioned here, but can anyone see a disadvantage to this?
If you play with prediction enough, you get used to it and spectating seems normal. Switching back and forth gets confusing. I vote no...then again, you could still make a feature for this and just disable it I guess.
gawdzilla
Liz of the many names

Post by gawdzilla »

well noobs wont know how to turn it off
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

Another point here is that lag isn't nearly the issue it used to be—all the warps and bendy tails, jumping, erratic pings, bombs, redraw and whatever else that used to be fairly commonplace. Of course, a greater proportion of servers are hosted commercially now (seems to be most of them), and obviously that makes things smoother. But, even in home-hosted servers things are a lot better nowadays. Those of you who started post-0.2.8.x have no idea how spoiled you are. :P

In fact, if you were to do anything, I would much rather both prediction and the lag-o-meter be off by default than prediction on by default.
DDMJ
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by DDMJ »

Lizmatic wrote:well noobs wont know how to turn it off
but I thought you said you knew how to turn it off
gawdzilla
Liz of the many names

Post by gawdzilla »

DDMJ wrote:
Lizmatic wrote:well noobs wont know how to turn it off