0.2.8.3_beta1: Release process and bugs

What do you want to see in Armagetron soon? Any new feature ideas? Let's ponder these ground breaking ideas...
epsy
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by epsy »

wrtlprnft wrote:Anything i missed?
PLAYER_MESSAGE seems to be important too for ladderlog parsers
ed
Match Winner

Post by ed »

Yes, PLAYER_MESSAGE player_1 message for just player 1
will be necessary to give each player his new ladder position/etc.
Also
LADDER_HIGHSCORE_OUTPUT 1|0
to prevent the old ladder messages from being displayed.
Lackadaisical
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Lackadaisical »

Is edd's cycle going to be added as the default cycle?
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

After I spent so many minutes tweaking the original model, never to touch it again in six years? Nevar!

Seriously, as far as I remember, we decided last time not to go for the movie look because we wanted to keep the default look of the game different enough from the Tron look to avoid legal trouble. If that memory is correct, we should stick to it, considering that Disney's own interest has increased with the sequel/remake thing. From an artistic point of view, edd's works would be the obvious first choice any day.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

I did an intermediate build for the Mac users:
http://beta.armagetronad.net/?product=c ... G#download
Please download and test, some Mac-specific things have changed.
I'm especially interested in reports from users of OSX 10.2.8 (Jaguar) which should be the earliest supported version of the build, and of course of owners of Intel Macs.
Luke-Jr
Dr Z Level

Post by Luke-Jr »

Also new:
- INTERCEPT_COMMANDS is a space-delimited list of chat commands that shall be intercepted by an external script. Example value: /login /admin /teamleave /teamshuffle /shuffle /team
- INTERCEPT_UNKNOWN_COMMANDS is a boolean specifying if an external script wishes to handle unrecognized chat commands. This would allow hooking arbitrary things like /foobarz or /mode ctf
- CONSOLE_LADDER_LOG boolean places the ladderlog on stdout prefixed with "[L] "
Luke-Jr
Dr Z Level

Post by Luke-Jr »

Also, I am still seeing 256 KB chunks getting stuck in receive buffers on occasion, though CPU use seems normal, so presumably the socket isn't in the select loop... Not sure if this is a blocker, or how soon I can find the bug.
madmax
Round Winner

Post by madmax »

z-man wrote:I did an intermediate build for the Mac users (...)
Perhaps on the release of 0.2.8.3 you could add the Recorder.app to the DMG?
It isn't present in the current 0.2.8.2.1 DMG, only on this thread and I think it might be useful to keep it there...

Everytime I need the recorder I have to search the forums for it :P
Winner of the How Many Pages Before The Lock® competition and a grand total of 18,93 euros in Euromillions.
Jonathan
A Brave Victim

Post by Jonathan »

z-man wrote:I did an intermediate build for the Mac users:
http://beta.armagetronad.net/?product=c ... G#download
Please download and test, some Mac-specific things have changed.
I'm especially interested in reports from users of OSX 10.2.8 (Jaguar) which should be the earliest supported version of the build, and of course of owners of Intel Macs.
No problems in local games on my 1.25 GHz PB running 10.4.11, except for weak AI whose only potential is winning rounds for 10 points, because in a 1vmany team situation they're more likely to live (otherwise they all went negative).
Luke-Jr
Dr Z Level

Post by Luke-Jr »

epsy wrote:
wrtlprnft wrote:Anything i missed?
PLAYER_MESSAGE seems to be important too for ladderlog parsers
Bump, this still isn't in NEWS. ;)

Also...
LAG_O_METER(TRESHOLD|BLEND|USE_OLD) <-- should there be an underscore before the last part?

Why does FILTER_NAME_MIDDLE exist? I hope it at least defaults to being disabled, as this will break assumptions that mangled names are the same across servers. :/
QUARG
Round Winner

Post by QUARG »

I got this message after the download was completed. I am using tiger 10.4.11.
"You cannot open the application "armagetron advanced" because it may be damaged or incomplete".

edit: Tried a second time and got the same message from my Finder. It is the 2008-01-04 one we are supposed to test right?
Luke-Jr
Dr Z Level

Post by Luke-Jr »

QUARG wrote:I got this message after the download was completed. I am using tiger 10.4.11.
Seeing as 10.4.11 was already reported as working, I'm guessing your download is corrupt.
Jonathan
A Brave Victim

Post by Jonathan »

DMG images have a checksum that's normally checked when mounting. I place my bet on the half of the universal binary that I can't run. QUARG, do you have an Intel Mac, and if so, can you get info on the app and set it to run in Rosetta? You may need to copy it to some place you can write to beforehand.
QUARG
Round Winner

Post by QUARG »

No i have an emac 1.25 ppc G4 with 1GIG ram. And when it downloads it goes to the desktop. I have never had trouble with any of the older builds so i would guess that the build is the problem. Also i tried going through all my logs and fond nothing of interest.

mounting error:
http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/1314/errorkt1.png

app info:
http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/4389/appinfold7.png
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Hmm, there is definitely some corruption, but I can't say what. The Overview should show our icon and the general section should contain our version and copyright. The size is the correct one, though. Could you try my earlier build (2007-12-16) just for the sake of it?

Embarrasing side question, is there a way to make screenshots built into OSX?