What to do if you find yourself sucking...

Anything about how you get those awesome core-dumps, or why you don't get them...
Seeker
Round Winner

Post by Seeker »

WHITE ZOMBIE & pre-black-album METALLICA...........my grid-runnin music of choice 8) ALSO GOOD: NINE INCH NAILS, KORN, RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE, and most any TECHNO ( oakenfold etc...)
HEY!!!!! Respect your elders...........Let us win a round!!!
Majination
Hero Of 2004

Post by Majination »

Next time I'm between rounds experiencing the "big black void", the "vacuum", or whatever you want to call it, I just know I'm going to hear...

"Darkness,... imprisoning me... All that I see..."

Hehe. I think I'm going to assign that to one of the function keys. Thanks. :)
http://bikecolors.shorturl.com -- ArmageTron Multi-Color Bike Picker
"Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me!" - Ren Hoek
Seeker
Round Winner

Post by Seeker »

lol

"For whom the bell tolls..........time marches on"

thats the normal background music for me........

OF COURSE I ALSO FORGOT PANTERA
HEY!!!!! Respect your elders...........Let us win a round!!!
n54
MVP

Post by n54 »

music is an interesting subject, none the less i usually don't listen to other music than the motor whine as bikes grind trails or make turns while i play (hint: after a while you can hear what's going on in some situations <-- faster response time)
RUDEBOY!
Match Winner

Post by RUDEBOY! »

i have the music at 20% while i play so i can still hear everything
Majination
Hero Of 2004

Post by Majination »

I like to leave my music off, too. Most of the time it keeps me from checking my mirrors every three seconds, as I can hear bikes come into the near vicinity and get a good feel for how fast they are traveling.
http://bikecolors.shorturl.com -- ArmageTron Multi-Color Bike Picker
"Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me!" - Ren Hoek
RUDEBOY!
Match Winner

Post by RUDEBOY! »

eh ive gotten used to using the glance keys not using them as exessively might mess me up
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Post by Tank Program »

Yeah, I used to rely solely on sound too, but, I like the beat, it makes me feel all happy.
Yaza Yamagotchi
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by Yaza Yamagotchi »

If I find myself a little tense - I put on some Bach in the background - it really makes the grid a very relaxing place to operate and it meshes perfectly with my playing style.

I just love Bach, especially with the right instruments - like say an oboe and violin! Mmmmmmm!
bored of amagetron?
try swron or one of the other fun games @ Arcade Games Online
nicolas.b
Grid Clown
Location: west philly Quotation: "Everybody's stuck being a moderator, but me. Sweet!"

Post by nicolas.b »

i think i could really enjoy something like bach or mozart in the background... the digital elegance of the game would really have a chance to shine... i could even almost imagine the combat was happening in the movie itself (tron)...

and then within three seconds somebody would type the typical grphx spam or "LOL! almost got you" or worse and the illusion would be completely shattered. :lol:
Marrow
MVP - Project Contributor

Post by Marrow »

nicolas.b wrote:i think i could really enjoy something like bach or mozart in the background... the digital elegance of the game would really have a chance to shine... i could even almost imagine the combat was happening in the movie itself (tron)...

and then within three seconds somebody would type the typical grphx spam or "LOL! almost got you" or worse and the illusion would be completely shattered. :lol:
This is why I really wish Armagoshdarn would upgrade to armagetron-dedicated server version 2.6. Then we could use the silence menu. But until then, we'll see it all.
nicolas.b
Grid Clown
Location: west philly Quotation: "Everybody's stuck being a moderator, but me. Sweet!"

Post by nicolas.b »

yeah marrow, that was nice, i agree... the times i played with that server option enabled...

but wouldn't it be cool one day for everyone to agree in advance to pretend we were really in the world of tron and stick to a kind of militaryesque jargon? wasn't it fun being a kid and having the freedom and lack of self-consciousness to just start imagining we were 'there' and mimicking the voices of our heroes no matter how silly it might have sounded to others?
Marrow
MVP - Project Contributor

Post by Marrow »

Private! You flithy dog! I'll have you racing this grid until sunrise!

Drop down and give me twenty 180s now! :x

Then you'll be doing slingshots until sunset! :oops:

Hehe, was that military enough?
Prey4Me
Match Winner

Post by Prey4Me »

that was horrible, you need to sound more like the Sargent from Full Metal Jacket and the show Mail Call :P
RUDEBOY!
Match Winner

Post by RUDEBOY! »

How Tall Are Youuuuu!!!!