Ladle 101

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

Monkey
Match Winner

Re: Ladle 101

Post by Monkey »

As I have posted in another thread, I currently can't get Arma to run on my operating system. However, I still want to enter a team in this Sunday's Ladle. I'm hoping to have found a solution by then so I will enter a team. I'll put down the names of our regular players. If you aren't one of them but still want to play with us then contact me using these forums' PM system. If you are one our regulars but don't want to or can't play for us then either contact me in the same way or remove your name from our team on the Ladle Challenge board list.
Playing since December 2006
Apex

Post by Apex »

asdasdasdasdadasdadadasdasdasdadasd.png
asdasdasdasdadasdadadasdasdasdadasd.png (2.83 KiB) Viewed 3228 times
How do i do that?
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Easy! You just need to cut your IP cable. Now, this is very important and I would not want you to get hurt: You know regular power outlets and power plugs, right? The IP cable is the one cable that goes from your internet box to an outlet in the wall that looks different than a power cable. Plug that out (just to be safe) and cut it with a good pair of scissors or, better, pliers. I repeat: Don't do that with a power cord. Then you can plug it back in. And presto, nobody will be able to trace anything you do on the Internet any more.
Monkey
Match Winner

Post by Monkey »

Update: For now, I have installed an older revision of 0.4, which works, so I will be able to play in the Ladle this coming Sunday.
Magi
Match Winner

Post by Magi »

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

bye
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Monkey wrote:Update: For now, I have installed an older revision of 0.4, which works, so I will be able to play in the Ladle this coming Sunday.
Excellent. I should be there too.
kyle
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder
Location: Indiana, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe, Multiverse

Post by kyle »

Magi wrote:Brackets
Just noticed, in the 2nd round should CT USA and Z-Man's FR servers be flipped? This way the backup servers are the us/euro counterparts of the primary servers?
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Nice catch Kyle, I went ahead and made that change.

I'll put some effort into getting that tool updated for next month.
Ratchet
Match Winner

Post by Ratchet »

Z-Man wrote:Easy! You just need to cut your IP cable. Now, this is very important and I would not want you to get hurt: You know regular power outlets and power plugs, right? The IP cable is the one cable that goes from your internet box to an outlet in the wall that looks different than a power cable. Plug that out (just to be safe) and cut it with a good pair of scissors or, better, pliers. I repeat: Don't do that with a power cord. Then you can plug it back in. And presto, nobody will be able to trace anything you do on the Internet any more.
Are you sure he shouldn't do the power cable, too? I think it would be a good primer -- a good "test run," if you will.
"Dream as if you'll live forever,
Live as if you'll die today." -James Dean
Magi
Match Winner

Post by Magi »

kyle wrote:
Magi wrote:Brackets
Just noticed, in the 2nd round should CT USA and Z-Man's FR servers be flipped? This way the backup servers are the us/euro counterparts of the primary servers?
That works, I just tend to notice sometimes reasons why teams actually switch servers is because both teams have more EU than US or vice versa and want to switch servers, US backups make complete sense too
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

bye
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

Good luck everyone!
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Word wrote:Good luck everyone!
Are you even playing? You should play! I'm 99% gonna be there. Need to try out my new cockpit.
Word

Post by Word »

Yes, I'll try to be there an hour earlier, if my train is reliable. Once I'm home I'll enter the grid and offer myself as a sub...:-) Looking forward to accompanying/fighting you :P
Monkey
Match Winner

Post by Monkey »

@Word

You are welcome to play on our team if you would like to (Sparks and friends) :)
Word

Post by Word »

Thanks Monkey, I'll try to be there!