ArmagetronAD at a LAN event

A place for threads related to tournaments and the like, and things related too.

Moderator: Light

Olive
Match Winner

Re: ArmagetronAD at a LAN event

Post by Olive »

I remember the stream - including the discussion in how to pronounce ladle - sine was commenting if I recall correctly? It certainly increased the ladle's charm and professional outlook, a shame it only lasted so short. Perhaps, if anyone can and is willing to commit the time and resources, a similar thing can be tried again?

Anyhow, I'd love to participate in the event. Any Dutchies care for a roadtrip?
Olive a.k.a ZeMu, MoonFlower & chicken.
InFerNo

Post by InFerNo »

Hi Olive, I replied to your PM the same day I received it. Did you receive my reply?

For anyone else interested, we have made a deal with a local hotel. The details will be posted later this week.
Outside Corner Grinder

Post by 2020 »

I've been out of the community for a good while, and have just been playing with a family I introduced Arma too which revitalised my love and respect for the game, and my vision of its potential. Glad to see this thread. Two months to go -- where do we stand?

I don't think we need to get regulars to fill the hall in Belgium, because the game is easy enough to pick up, could it be introduced to the gamers already going? Or am I on the wrong track? Are you attempting to draw new gamers to the event by inviting communities centred around specific games? If so, could we send out a newsletter to all people who have registered on this forum, for example?

Anyway, I'm up for it. Sounds like fun.
hold the line
InFerNo

Post by InFerNo »

The communities can cease the opportunity at our event anyway they see fit. Of course we want to garner more visitors, as that directly adds to our growth of the event, but the extra exposure also benefits the communties that I've been inviting.

If 2 months is too steap by now, we have our next event scheduled 27th to 29th March 2015.
ppotter
Match Winner

Post by ppotter »

I think I remember the stream vaguely....you're a scouser right? :D
bilbo baggins
Round Winner

Post by bilbo baggins »

this would be amazing publicity for the game, unfortunately i dont think i can make it at such short notice, but if 12 players can get there they can introduce the game to so many more people there and hopefully revitalize the game with new players.
RoterBaron1337
Core Dumper

Post by RoterBaron1337 »

If its a Day event i think i could be up for a daytrip
Kappa
InFerNo

Post by InFerNo »

The Scouser was my colleague.
It's a 3-day event.

We have now posted information for a discounted stay at the nearest hotel. See http://www.thestorm.be