Lag Help

For all the help you need with Armagetron!
Angel
We love Angel!

Re: Lag Help

Post by Angel »

I made a recording just in case. I will reinstall my drivers just in case too :)
Attachments
ArmagetronAdvancedDebugRecording.zip
(542.27 KiB) Downloaded 115 times
Hoax
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Hoax »

kyle wrote:just curious if you have installed the video card drivers for your ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 from ATI's site?
+1 for gpu driver being the culprit here
Maybe have a gander at performance tweaks in arma although I wouldn't have thought they would make that much difference
ConVicT
Shutout Match Winner

Post by ConVicT »

It does a bit. Just the difference between having "Floor Texture: Mipmap Bilinear" as opposed to "Mipmap Trilinear" makes a big difference to performance for me.
Angel
We love Angel!

Post by Angel »

I have a computer technician coming today and he will check the settings on my PC i hope it is something as simple as that and i really am grateful for everyone's help and input.
Angel
We love Angel!

Post by Angel »

OK, first, the problem is fixed, yay

Second, huge apologies for wasting everyone's time, the problem was at my end and nothing to do with Armagetron, my laptop drivers and everything are ok too, it was basically down to a router and external hard drive problem, the external hard drive had been accessed remotely via a mobile, this had for some reason altered the settings causing a loop effect with the router, all has been sorted now and hopefully this won't happen again :)

I honestly am so grateful for all the help and advice offered and i feel awful and a lil stupid that it was my fault

Again, thank you :)
XD|VIPer
Average Program

Post by XD|VIPer »

I tryed watching both of the recordings... The first one worked fine on the erler client (despide the lag, which was part of the recording), and the second one only worked on the later client. I suppose that isn't that important, but eather way, if it didn't lag so much, it would have been playable. Well as long as its solved now, I guess they don't have to worry about it.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Thanks for the recording, but yeah, these problems are kind of known; the timer sync of 0.2.8 handles the typical lag at the beginning of rounds badly. 0.4 should be better once servers have upgraded, the problem is missing information no amount of smart client coding can fix.