Moviepack_Classic_Beauty

Got something that makes Armagetron look shiny? Post it here.
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Re: Moviepack_Classic_Beauty

Post by Phytotron »

You should understand that 0.3 isn't the official, stable version. It is explicitly an experimental version in which broken and chaos are to be expected.

And by the way, you really should give credit to the person who made the cycle model. "Someone else" doesn't count.
biobern
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by biobern »

Phytotron wrote: And by the way, you really should give credit to the person who made the cycle model. "Someone else" doesn't count.
Yeah you are right, but sorry, I don't know who made this beautiful high poly cycle.
Maybe somebody here can tell me?

Bern
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

looks like Edd's work. :)
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

Yes, it is Edd's. How did you obtain it without knowing whose it is?
biobern
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by biobern »

Phytotron wrote:Yes, it is Edd's. How did you obtain it without knowing whose it is?
Yes, right, it's the so called "full detail cycle" from edd. I added the info to the readme.
I just had some chaos with all the Armagetron stuff I examined before I started with the moviepack. I think edd's cycle is also used in "TR2N Origins" without his name, maybe I copied it from there.

Have you tried V0.2 of the moviepack on your Mac, Bodo?
Cheers,
Bern von Bodenstandig
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope

Post by Phytotron »

biobern wrote:I think edd's cycle is also used in "TR2N Origins" without his name....
Hmm, looking at their included moviepacks, they have a lot of stuff that's either unattributed or incorrectly attributed. In same cases a certain author is given (or has taken) credit for the moviepack, but a part of it (e.g., the cycle model; see: Tank, Recognizer) is clearly someone else's work, or an alteration thereof. Weak.

They also make most of the attributions (with exception only to those by sinewav, apparently, who included ReadMe.txt files) in settings.cfg. I don't know if that's appropriate or not.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Phytotron wrote:...with exception only to those by sinewav, apparently, who included ReadMe.txt files
I told them that was a condition of use. I found out my textures were included after they were packaged and some of the textures they included were not mine (the Descent ones). I told them they had no right to include the Descent moviepack (potential legal issue there), and that I wanted authorship included in the distribution. It's the least they could do really. Well, asking first would have been nice too. :/
biobern
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by biobern »

Phytotron wrote:
biobern wrote:I think edd's cycle is also used in "TR2N Origins" without his name....
Hmm, looking at their included moviepacks, they have a lot of stuff that's either unattributed or incorrectly attributed. In same cases a certain author is given (or has taken) credit for the moviepack, but a part of it (e.g., the cycle model; see: Tank, Recognizer) is clearly someone else's work, or an alteration thereof. Weak.

They also make most of the attributions (with exception only to those by sinewav, apparently, who included ReadMe.txt files) in settings.cfg. I don't know if that's appropriate or not.
Yeah, but you also have to say that Edd and others distribute their ZIP-Files without any readme's or whatever, so they probably don't care too much about such kind of credits n stuff......

Bern
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope

Post by Phytotron »

Or they considered the fact that the authorship was publicly, prominently displayed in the forum thread they made for it, and that would suffice. They also probably assumed downloads would be for personal use only and didn't foresee some other project coming along and swiping them all up and redistributing them with poor, incorrect, or absent attribution.