Floor Rainbow

Got something that makes Armagetron look shiny? Post it here.
Jonathan
A Brave Victim

Re: Floor Rainbow

Post by Jonathan »

Well, I don't know what exactly is going on anymore. 4 wide probably fixes it. As does getting a newer SDL_image (you'll want the Mac OS X binary, currently SDL_image-1.2.10.dmg) and replacing the one in Contents/Resources/Frameworks in the app bundle.

Maybe newer Arma versions ship with a fixed SDL_image (I live under a rock).
ˌɑrməˈɡɛˌtrɑn
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

Har. Well, if I had the time to do the trial and error I would give it a go to see what I could do with those. (If you downloaded and zoomed in on those textures, you'll see I was trying to get a certain look that obviously didn't work out as I envisioned.) Maybe I'll find some time somewhere.
Jonathan
A Brave Victim

Post by Jonathan »

Jonathan wrote:Still, the screenshots. make_screenshot (the flipping part, which is redundantly executed when saving PNG, by the way) and SDL_SavePNG (an Arma function which, because it flips, doesn't only not deserve that name because it isn't SDL) don't use the pitch (bytes per row) of the surface. At least in 0.2.8.2.1; there's a chance this was also fixed in the meantime. I should learn to check current versions.
Was this caught? I'm not sure what's the best way to report/patch this sort of thing now. Get an account on Launchpad?

I did check the newer source still has this problem. Not that I ever see resolutions that aren't a multiple of 4 wide, but at the same time it's a trivial fix.
ˌɑrməˈɡɛˌtrɑn