Forum Signatures

What do you want to see here? Some more categories, forums, and mods? Hmm...
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Re: Forum Signatures

Post by sinewav »

INW wrote:the united states does not speak english...we speak american english...two different laguages...
Oh yeah. Sorry, my bad. If forgot that one uses capitalization, punctuation, grammar, and spelling - and the American one doesn't. nao i no y brits doent get me wen i talk.
Mkay1
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Mkay1 »

haha urrightsine ;)
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

I can't believe he's telling us to talk to Brits. I guess he's unaware this is an international forum, with participants from all over the world (albeit mostly Europe and America).

I periodically take out the rubbish, and have a need for a pack of three.

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
Mkay1
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Mkay1 »

idk
Attachments
screenshot_4.png
INW
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by INW »

sinewav wrote:
INW wrote:the united states does not speak english...we speak american english...two different laguages...
nao i no y brits doent get me wen i talk.
nice american english..i love it
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

I have some news for you, boy. That's not american english, it's dipshit english.

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
Desolate
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Desolate »

INW, let someone who knows how to write, spell, capitalize, and punctuate English represent Americans, not s1 ho rites like this.
owned
Shutout Match Winner

Post by owned »

INW wrote:the united states does not speak english...we speak american english...two different laguages...talk to a brit and talk to me..there will be diffrences

if anyone should be complaining..it should be roze..since he lives in germany...he hasnt complained...just worry about ur own life ty
hahahaha No. American English is a dialect of English. So the United States does speak English. It's kinda like all squares are rectangles but not all rectangles are squares.

/me agrees with sine. You just reinforced our stereotype. Congratulations! :done:
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPF6XyiR4RY

You had to know I would reply to this thread.
MrsKsr
Shutout Match Winner

Post by MrsKsr »

INW? You really make yourself look ignorant sometimes. oO This is the second time, the 1st being the discussion about politics, which you thought you knew about (lets leave it there), and now with English. "Text language" isn't the way to go if you want to be taken seriously. On a forum where there are people from all over the world, English is a common ground. So if you expect to get help when you ask for it, use it properly. (Good luck applying for a job using that sort of language...)

C=

EDIT: Is this you speaking or your evil twin? :/
"You may say I'm a dreamer but I'm not the only one;
I hope some day you will join us, and the world can live as one"

“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”

I believe that to truly love is the ultimate expression of the will to live.
Tobe
Round Winner

Post by Tobe »

owned wrote:
INW wrote:the united states does not speak english...we speak american english...two different laguages...talk to a brit and talk to me..there will be diffrences

if anyone should be complaining..it should be roze..since he lives in germany...he hasnt complained...just worry about ur own life ty
hahahaha No. American English is a dialect of English. So the United States does speak English. It's kinda like all squares are rectangles but not all rectangles are squares.

/me agrees with sine. You just reinforced our stereotype. Congratulations! :done:
Is Ebonics a dialect of English too? Wait, what was the point to this topic?
<-- Proud co-leader of Rogue Tronners
Mkay1
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Mkay1 »

dubStep wrote: C=
is that a mushroom from Mario?(pardon my not capitalizing, and lack of space between the question mark)
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

Tobe wrote:Is Ebonics a dialect of English too?
If you actually mean "Ebonics" as related to, or sometimes used synonymously with, AAVE, then yes, especially in the latter instance.

If you mean "E-bonics," as in all this muddled crap that the kiddies today are using on the internet and texts and whatever, then, good spaghetti monster almighty, I hope not.
Tobe
Round Winner

Post by Tobe »

Phytotron wrote:
Tobe wrote:Is Ebonics a dialect of English too?
If you actually mean "Ebonics" as related to, or sometimes used synonymously with, AAVE, then yes, especially in the latter instance.

If you mean "E-bonics," as in all this muddled crap that the kiddies today are using on the internet and texts and whatever, then, good spaghetti monster almighty, I hope not.
yea, the first one is what I was talking of. Never new it also mean AAVE :o
<-- Proud co-leader of Rogue Tronners
INW
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by INW »

"Naw," this is actually me speaking Mya; my brother was the one actually talking about politics that one time. And yes I have a twin brother so don't think im pulling your leg on that one.

I think it's funny how this topic was about forum signatures on how to get a picture there and it turned out to be an international outrage on the English language!!

See, I can type correct langauge; just here in the U.S. we are more social and text a lot more; so we are used to typing/texting in that format.