0.3.0 available! (was: 0.3.0_alpha5009)

Help test release candidates for the next release
~|DS|~|Patch|
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by ~|DS|~|Patch| »

The sound isn't working on the OSX Build, in the previous version, the sound didn't work either.

EDIT: I Can't even go into the "Sound Settings" it seems like this file was lost somewhere.
dlh
Formerly That OS X Guy

Post by dlh »

~|DS|~|Patch| wrote:The sound isn't working on the OSX Build, in the previous version, the sound didn't work either.

EDIT: I Can't even go into the "Sound Settings" it seems like this file was lost somewhere.
No, I disabled sound because of crashes in the third-party sound library we use (and the bug is in a third-party library they use).
~|DS|~|Patch|
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by ~|DS|~|Patch| »

oooh, okay, thanks for clearing that up, hope you get it fixed soon.
dlh
Formerly That OS X Guy

Post by dlh »

nemostultae wrote:This build /should/ work on 10.3.9
Received slight confirmation on this. Not 100% sure yet.
xevic
On Lightcycle Grid

Windows sound test to success

Post by xevic »

i found when sound crashes on window version.

In my client the first time i installed it work fine, then next execution has no sound, then yesterday i pick the last release to try if it works, cause i have several changes on my config i erased the 0.3.cfg to make it regenerate a new one, then when i started the game the sound work again, but i updated config, then i started later the game and again without sound.

it has made me think, then i erase the config file again, i start and sound was back, then i go to sound menu, changed channels and quality, close the game, and start again, and no sound again.

Then i erased the cfg again, i start the game, working again, i closed and started several times and now is working fine, i enter player's config and restarted and fine.

Looking at the config file i saw the problem are channels, i changed on the file channels back 2 (from 4) and starting the game it works again. I hope it will help. (i didn't test on client, starting and restarting, but i think it will work).

I also made the suggestion to win user to no go into sound option if they want to keep the sound :D
xevic
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by xevic »

did anyone read it?
Visca el Barça! CUIG (See you in game) and don't forget to sing with us: lalalalala ;)
wrtlprnft
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder

Post by wrtlprnft »

I did, but I didn't do the sound code, that was Lucifer, so I don't know how to fix it.
There's no place like ::1
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

I didn't see it, sorry. :(

Hmmm, that's weird that changing the number of channels breaks it. I'll look into it, thanks.

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
Rain
Round Winner

Post by Rain »

tried it. actually too heavy for my machine. cannot any useful test.
[system]
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by [system] »

Lucifer wrote:THe purpose of this alpha is to see if Your_mom's crash has gone away and to sanity check everything else. I think we'll give it a couple of days, and if no serious problems come up, we turn it into 0.3.0 and move on.

Your_mom's crash has been narrowed down to where it's not a deal-breaker for release any more, so this is like a last-ditch effort to fix it before 0.3.0. His crash has come up for other cockpits, but not many.

The other thing is mp3 in Windows. This is to test that and see if it works. There is a problem with it that joda tracked down to at least a point where we can safely say "it's not our problem and we'll deal with it eventually", but it won't be fixed for 0.3.0. The problem is that for mp3s you have to have two things: your output frequency has to match the mp3's frequency, and you can only have 2 output channels. So no surround sound if you want mp3 playback. Also, that means you need to keep sound quality at the highest setting to match output frequencies (assuming your mp3's are 44.1khz, which is a pretty safe assumption). So please, don't whine too much about this situation, it's on my list to deal with already. Check that mp3 support works, if you have problems with it, talk to us so we can help you track them down, but there are problems that will boil down one of these two issues that we can't fix in 0.3.0.

So let's get those two things tested and 0.3.0 out the door, eh? :)
I'll be happy to test it, but how am I supposed to?
madmax
Round Winner

Post by madmax »

[system] wrote:
Lucifer wrote:(...) So let's get those two things tested and 0.3.0 out the door, eh? :)
I'll be happy to test it, but how am I supposed to?
The post you quoted is almost 2 years old.
0.3.0 has evolved since then... Perhaps you should take a look at one of these threads:
http://forums.armagetronad.net/viewtopic.php?t=10261 (0.3.1)
http://forums.armagetronad.net/viewtopic.php?t=18119 (0.2.8.3)
Winner of the How Many Pages Before The Lock® competition and a grand total of 18,93 euros in Euromillions.
[system]
On Lightcycle Grid

Bug

Post by [system] »

Yeah... I'm beta testing 3.0 and so far I have come across one, very annoying, bug. Whenever I'm playing, it minimizes. It didn't do it for the first 2 days after I got it but then it started. Please look into it for it is truly annoying.
http://www.soldiers-of-sin.piczo.comhttp://www.myspace.com/djsystemttl † [- ¡DF! >>>>>>>>>>SOS<<<<<<<<<< !DF¡ -] †
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

Er, you'll actually need to report it somehow, but don't be surprised if you hear "it's already fixed". The mainline development has moved on quite a bit and most/all of the 0.3.0 bugs have been fixed that are going to be fixed (some aren't because the subsystems are being rewritten substantially).

We really need to get 0.3.1 out the door. ;)

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
[system]
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by [system] »

alright cool. So, regarding music, is there actually going to be music cuz I DJ and I could mix-up some awesome songs that would go perfectly with Armagetron.
http://www.soldiers-of-sin.piczo.comhttp://www.myspace.com/djsystemttl † [- ¡DF! >>>>>>>>>>SOS<<<<<<<<<< !DF¡ -] †
west

Post by west »

after trying 0.3.0, I can say all is cool! but! return the old camera from earlier version! ty!