Adding a new flag image to the flag list.

What do you want to see here? Some more categories, forums, and mods? Hmm...
subby
Shutout Match Winner

Adding a new flag image to the flag list.

Post by subby »

Tank, do you know how to do it ?

This would be nice because i dont really like the austrailan flag with the british flag at the top left. I've attached the flag i would prefer.

http://www.ausflag.com.au/flags/eureka.html

for a small history of it

No sweat if its too hard ;)

PS i can make the flag thr right size etc, if that helps.

Tanks a lot :lol:
Attachments
eureka.gif
eureka.gif (2.4 KiB) Viewed 5621 times
Prey4Me
Match Winner

Post by Prey4Me »

i see so you don't like your British heritage then, you don't like the ppl who gave you your home, are you too good for your home!!!!!

what what i blacked out, what happened, the last thing i remember is watching Happy Gilmore and Happy was talking to his golf ball
subby
Shutout Match Winner

Post by subby »

Prey4Me wrote:i see so you don't like your British heritage then, you don't like the ppl who gave you your home, are you too good for your home!!!!!
So what did you do to the british that gave you YOUR home?! lol

there is quite a bit of a debate about becoming a republic down here. ANd im not gonna go into it here why I dont like the britsh flaf in the australian flag. Just take it for granted i dont ;)
Prey4Me
Match Winner

Post by Prey4Me »

ah my mum was born in England she just moved here when her parents dragged her here in the 60's, shes actually still a British citizen
so im only a first generation american, so only history since my parents came over to the US counts :D
oh by the way my dad was born in Germany

i was just surprised how different it looked though, most former british states at least kept a similar flag style
subby
Shutout Match Winner

Post by subby »

Prey4Me wrote: i was just surprised how different it looked though, most former british states at least kept a similar flag style
Canada is still like austraila with the head of state being the queen of england. It however doesnt have the british flag in its flag.

BTW. I wasn't born in Australia.

I just like the eureka stockade flag thats all (its in fact older than the current Australian flag)
Prey4Me
Match Winner

Post by Prey4Me »

nothing against your flag, its just that the really big stars throw me off a little bit otherwise i think its cool ;D
subby
Shutout Match Winner

Post by subby »

It's the southern-cross also known as the "crux"
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Post by Tank Program »

I'll see about it. PS- this goes in "This System" so I've moved it.
n54
MVP

Post by n54 »

would be cool if we could supplement with our own flags (i'd like to use my own one) :wink:

i think subby (and australia) should use the aboriginal flag if they become a republic :D hows that for politically correct eh? lol :mrgreen:
nicolas.b
Grid Clown
Location: west philly Quotation: "Everybody's stuck being a moderator, but me. Sweet!"

Post by nicolas.b »

i can agree with that thinking... what former-colony really wants the mark of their former masters showing on their flag? once you're no longer a colony it's time to live a little...

so higgins, where are you from if not oz? when did you move? and WHY, dammit, WHY?

BTW, in my spare time i was trying to think of the full name for the 'higgins' character. so far i have stuff like 'j. bartholomew luffingcrest higgins' but i still think something better might be on the horizon. :)
subby
Shutout Match Winner

Post by subby »

n54 wrote:would be cool if we could supplement with our own flags (i'd like to use my own one) :wink:

i think subby (and australia) should use the aboriginal flag if they become a republic :D hows that for politically correct eh? lol :mrgreen:
THe Aboriginies dont like that Idea at all! Even though i reckon its a great flag.

What flag do you want to use n54?
Seeker
Round Winner

Post by Seeker »

I want the "jolly roger" (skull and cross bones for all those who dont know) cause i love being politically INcorrect!!!!!!
HEY!!!!! Respect your elders...........Let us win a round!!!
Prey4Me
Match Winner

Post by Prey4Me »

lol i would go for that flag :D
n54
MVP

Post by n54 »

i'd like to make a white flag with a green buckyball in the middle :D

and maybe some latin motto saying something like "in nano we trust"
Prey4Me
Match Winner

Post by Prey4Me »