Priorities?

What do you want to see in Armagetron soon? Any new feature ideas? Let's ponder these ground breaking ideas...
Prey4Me
Match Winner

Post by Prey4Me »

my apologies Master Tank, please teach me to moderate with the force

for me when i sign on the moderator color is blue, but when im not signed on the moderator color is green
subby
Shutout Match Winner

Post by subby »

Marrow wrote:voodoo would be where you just press a key and the persons bike explodes without any apparent reason...lol.

And this doesnt happen already?!?!!?
subby
Shutout Match Winner

Post by subby »

Marrow wrote:9. Over/underpasses Code
10. More complicated arenas - maybe levels?
These are the areas im interested in

And as you may have noticed i've also been playing with a hud

I really want a speedometer and odometer (with max speed, average etc)
I can do text already, but I want a graphical rep.

What I'll most likely do is try and get a needle working and someone with artistic skills (i have none) at a later stage can add a nice texture... or I make it a big needle (see through) that takes up the whole screen so you can see the speed without actually looking at it (custimizable)
Marrow
MVP - Project Contributor

Post by Marrow »

Good choices. It would be funny to see over and under passes during a game. That and different levels to complete.
subby wrote:I really want a speedometer and odometer (with max speed, average etc)
I can do text already, but I want a graphical rep.
I've seen pics of your HUD so far and it looks like a winner. :D

Having a graphical representation, like a real motorcycle or car odometer or speedometer would be great.
What I'll most likely do is try and get a needle working and someone with artistic skills (i have none) at a later stage can add a nice texture... or I make it a big needle (see through) that takes up the whole screen so you can see the speed without actually looking at it (custimizable)
I know n54 and Road Kill plan to create graphics for the game. They may be willing to help out with this.
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Post by Tank Program »

Subby. You figure the thing out with the needle and we can implement it for tons of other things. Also, wonder if we could make a mini-grid graphic where all the ppl are as blinking dots... I've got some ideas how. Subby, how do you do the graphics like that?
subby
Shutout Match Winner

Post by subby »

i knew a "little" bit of opengl b4 this, so it wasn't too hard

at first i tried to use opengl draw a line but z-man had the forethought to stop me in my tracks so i disabled his "forethought" lol and it worked

then i figured out how not to surcumvent his " forethought"
and used his primative "renderer"

the upshot of all this is that

renderer->BeginLines();
renderer->Vertex(x,y,z);
renderer->Vertex(x2,y2,z2);
renderer->End();

draws a nice line bewteen those points (nb. z = 0 for my speedo)
Ps. renderer->Color(r,g,b) changes the colour of the pen ;)

the font class is still a problem it cuases unexplained behavouir, we need to look at that!
Last edited by subby on Sun Apr 04, 2004 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tank Program

Re: Priorities?

Post by Tank Program »

2. Spam Protection Code
4. Remote Server Administration Code

I've narrowed it down. Those are the areas I'd really like to focus on. Subby, you can take over the HUD, you're doing a stellar job. I'm not even quite sure how I got started on the HUD... I've always been more interested in the server side stuff anyway.
subby
Shutout Match Winner

Re: Priorities?

Post by subby »

Tank Program wrote:2. Spam Protection Code
4. Remote Server Administration Code

I've narrowed it down. Those are the areas I'd really like to focus on. Subby, you can take over the HUD, you're doing a stellar job. I'm not even quite sure how I got started on the HUD... I've always been more interested in the server side stuff anyway.
I hope i didnt tread on your toes with the HUD stuff, that was not my intention. It was just a good way to get accustomed with the source and then compare and learn how you did it. I would still like to see your version of Display_fps(). BTW, I got the idea from putting that stuff into Display_fps() from you originally (a very good idea), it wasn't my idea.

I'd be happy to do the HUD stuff none-the less. And like most important things in working as a team is cooperation and input, I appreciate all of that, and i love working part of a team.

Ok lets get going! ... and go to bed... lol its late ... but first i must watch the Bahrain F1 GP ;)
Last edited by subby on Sun Apr 04, 2004 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tank Program

Post by Tank Program »

I think it's great with you working on the hud, and by the end of today my code should be in our own CVS...
SuPeRTaRD
Round Winner

Post by SuPeRTaRD »

i'm kinda old & crusty so i've played alot of 2d lightcycle games.. one of the coolest ones had powerups for weps & they would change your line, zig-zag powerup(was more of a zipper shape), segmented line, line with -|-|-|- shape, etc.

that might be implimentable^ with macros or sth more easily than say a wep that shoots a bullet out the front of the bike

also, i dont think respawning sounds all that much fun..

mebbe i just dont get it,..

blah blah
CharlieH
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by CharlieH »

thanks for not including me in the dev staff. i did send you a pm, marrow, and there was a thread on me wanting to join up. too bad, i thought i'd be pretty helpful.
grep / wohc / charlie / woh CharlieH
World of Hate fanboy
charlie ats dextrocardia dots net
Tank Program

Post by Tank Program »

CharlieH wrote:thanks for not including me in the dev staff. i did send you a pm, marrow, and there was a thread on me wanting to join up. too bad, i thought i'd be pretty helpful.
whoa whoa whoa! where'd that come from? this thread is pretty old... really old... and you joining officially isn't up to me. don't forget that you don't need to be part of the official staff to submit a patch
Lackadaisical
Shutout Match Winner

Post by Lackadaisical »

maybe you should try and contact klax (who also posted in your topic) instead of marrow (whom i havent seen active on this forum in ages)
ishAdmin
Match Winner

Post by ishAdmin »

1) it's open source, anybody can do anything with the code.

2) i don't even think marrow has anything to do with development anymore

3) i don't have anything to do with development, so why am I talking?
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

ishAdmin wrote:1) it's open source, anybody can do anything with the code.

2) i don't even think marrow has anything to do with development anymore

3) i don't have anything to do with development, so why am I talking?
4) How can we get some of these really old threads that are pretty irrelevant, the resurrection of which causes more trouble than they're worth, locked?