(Permission) Sumo Lobster

Home of the Lobster >-;;,ccc3

Moderator: DrJoeTr0n

DrJoeTr0n
"On a Roll. Paper wise."

(Permission) Sumo Lobster

Post by DrJoeTr0n »

Hey, I was talking to the lobsters, since gomes and i wanted were going to redo the lobster cage fortress server, they were wondering if we could make it a sumo server, I said I would try and get the code for it.

Before I do this, I'm asking permission first, I'd like to know if it is ok if I take the code, it will not be a clone, but the sumo part will be there.

Please let me know If I am permitted to do this before I go any further than to think about it.

Post by Guest »

hell yeah, i'm down for a sumo server.
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

? Take the code.... as in, use the config that ships with the game? :)

In examples there's the existing sumo settings. Just start with that, no need to do anything as weird and time-consuming as going to sumo and trying to copy by hand all the settings that are there. Especially when they ship with the game. :)

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
DrJoeTr0n
"On a Roll. Paper wise."

Post by DrJoeTr0n »

eh...yeah? awesome!
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

:) It's also the only way to make sure you get them all, a lot of the settings are server-side only and don't get sent to your client.

Yeah, we're trying to include config snippets so people can setup servers faster. I would expect that to grow over time in newer versions, even if we change the config format/method. There's just too damn many settings, it's intimidating to set up, but we all want them.

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
DrJoeTr0n
"On a Roll. Paper wise."

Post by DrJoeTr0n »

Thats a good idea, I sure do freakin love user friendly!