whats the dumbest thing you have ever done ?

Anything About Anything...
TiTnAsS
Match Winner

Post by TiTnAsS »

Just to clear a couple things up:

I'm in cali, here you get your permit at 15.5 AFTER taking drivers education. When you have your permit you are required(? mabye its just suggested) to get drivers training. Once you reach 16 you can get your license. While you have your permit your not allowed to drive with anyone without a license or below 18 (even if they have a license). I was actually talking to Sabarai on IM the other day and he said he was 16 and allowed to drink/smoke/etc etc. My reaction was huh? seriously, thats kinda weird. Drinking age here is 21 smokeing age is 18 and pot and drugs are all illegal.
Damn, it sure has been a while!
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

I must say I'm pretty disappointed at all the "weird" stuff around here. A different culture than yours has some different rules, and judging it from within your own culture you say it's "weird". Well, it's not. It's just a different culture. Some cultures do some things that are smarter than others, and also do things that are dumber than others. If we're going to be a global community, we have to be accepting of other cultures and try to understand the differing standards of behavior and morality that other cultures might have, and calling something "weird" is a complete and utter failure to do that.

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
TiTnAsS
Match Winner

Post by TiTnAsS »

I said my _first_ reaction.. :)

This reminds me, this isn't stupid its more funny. I was in Egypt for a month or so. As you know they don't have much water. So they have you go to the bathroom in this little hole and you dun't flush etc. They also dont have toiletpaper. They have a bucket of water next to you that your suppost to stick your non-dependent hand in and wash your butt after each time. Luckily i brought my own toilet paper expecting something of the sort :oops: .... Shortly after we were eating dinner, and as usual i was digging in with both hands. Everyone was looking at me weird and whispering comments to eachother. The people i was saying with told he after. I had been eating with my butt washing hand which is unusual for them and considered VERY nasty, and I was suppost to eat with my dependent hand only.. :o
Sabarai
The Former Man of Cheese

Post by Sabarai »

Hahahaha that indeed is funny...

You're right Lucifer, it's not weird, just.. different :P

About ages: no guns here below 18, you'll need a shooting license. When you shoot at anything living, you lost it. For that you need a hunting license. Killing people, well, that's life-sentense... Though, when i was in the USA I was 12 and allowed in a store where they sold guns, not only pistols, but also rifles and shotguns. I won't be allowed in one over here untill i'm 18...
iceman
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder
Location: Yorkshire, England. Quote: Its the fumes, they make one want to play

Post by iceman »

DrJoeTr0n wrote:Iceman, I'm suprised your constant neutral dropping of that poor car didnt kill it in the first place.
well it prolly would have died a little later if it had'nt been for my stupid reverse wheel spin attempt which killed it instantly :lol:

---------------------------

after reading about the swimming goggles I remembered about my swimming experience (my damn memory cant remember anything unless reminded by something similar grrrrr)

anyway I was about 9 or 10 years old and went to my local swimming pool, made the mistake of diving in the shallow end ! cracked my head on the bottom and knocked my self out cold

my friends saw me dive in and thought I was swimming around under water like I usually do for around 3 minutes before surfacing so didnt think anything of it

after about 7 minutes somebody noticed a large cloud of blood forming in the pool and called the life guard and I was pulled out

I finally came too and coughed up about a gallon of water, I felt really weird everything looked green and I could hear a strange buzzing sound

went to hospital and got 7 stitches, they kept me in for 3 days then sent me home

Im sure if never been the same since :lol:
Image He who laughs last, probably has a back-up
sorry about the large animated gif
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Heh, Iceman, that really explains a lot :)
Sabarai
The Former Man of Cheese

Post by Sabarai »

z-man wrote:Heh, Iceman, that really explains a lot :)
Indeed, maybe the cause of your mamory? :P

Quite stupid though... :P
TiTnAsS
Match Winner

Post by TiTnAsS »

Sabarai wrote:Hahahaha that indeed is funny...

You're right Lucifer, it's not weird, just.. different :P

About ages: no guns here below 18, you'll need a shooting license. When you shoot at anything living, you lost it. For that you need a hunting license. Killing people, well, that's life-sentense... Though, when i was in the USA I was 12 and allowed in a store where they sold guns, not only pistols, but also rifles and shotguns. I won't be allowed in one over here untill i'm 18...
I don't know how it works in Amsterdam and that area, but here they have the store alarms and people watching you and the whole security setup. Plus I don't think you can hide a rifle under your shirt to steal it :D .. Mabye a pistol but im 95% sure you'd get caught.
Sabarai wrote:
z-man wrote: Heh, Iceman, that really explains a lot :)

Indeed, maybe the cause of your mamory? Razz

Quite stupid though... Razz
It's not the memory its the brain damage!! (JOKE...now i know iceman will have his revenge soon when we play :))
Sabarai
The Former Man of Cheese

Post by Sabarai »

TiTnAsS wrote:I don't know how it works in Amsterdam and that area, but here they have the store alarms and people watching you and the whole security setup. Plus I don't think you can hide a rifle under your shirt to steal it :D .. Mabye a pistol but im 95% sure you'd get caught.
It's not the stealing, when you're not 18 yet over here you won't get in...
TiTnAsS
Match Winner

Post by TiTnAsS »

Any reasoning behind that? We aren't allowed in bars here til were 21..
Walking Tree
Match Winner

Post by Walking Tree »

TiTnAsS wrote:Any reasoning behind that? We aren't allowed in bars here til were 21..
WTF ?!
get a gun with - say 16 (instead of 12) ;; no prison under 21...
No sane and/or sober person would *ever* concieve a system like that !

anyway:

Let's start again with the differences between american and european electricity. As tank pointed out, european plugs are well-designed, secure, robust things, and american plugs are a pair of wires made to blow up little kids.
But there is another difference. american electricity is 110V, in europe it's something between 220V-240V.

And, to understand this you should understand the concepts of power switches, 'power' buttons on computers (tell the OS to go to sleep), reset buttons and Microsoft ® Windows ®
Now to the story:
One day, my little brother comes running, screaming (or maybe not quite) for help. his computer has crashed (that was the bit about Microsoft ® Windows ®). So, I go upstairs, move the mouse and notice that the comp is ill disposed to reacting to my input. I press the power button. Nothing happens. No reset button.
Now, most computers have these neat little switches on the back. They are called power switches. But not all do.
Some computers have brilliant little switches on the back that switches between 110V and 220V. But most do not. I did not even know of their existence unti that day.
You can guess what happens next: I feel for the power switch. Find it. flick it. *poof* lots of smoke and a horible smell. screaming brother. It was no power switch.
on the grid as ~free::zombie~
juwb
On Lightcycle Grid

Post by juwb »

Walking Tree wrote:Some computers have brilliant little switches on the back that switches between 110V and 220V. But most do not.
Most computers I've seen do have such a switch, but it's not one you can actually flick - you need a screwdriver for that.

Why would anyone make a flickable switch for a setting that (usually) never needs to be changed? Does not make sense to me unless you live in an area where you can have both 110V and 220V in the same house. ;)
Walking Tree
Match Winner

Post by Walking Tree »

juwb wrote:
Walking Tree wrote:Some computers have brilliant little switches on the back that switches between 110V and 220V. But most do not.
Most computers I've seen do have such a switch, but it's not one you can actually flick - you need a screwdriver for that.

Why would anyone make a flickable switch for a setting that (usually) never needs to be changed? Does not make sense to me unless you live in an area where you can have both 110V and 220V in the same house. ;)
well, they're getting more common...
and you can't actually flick them either, but pushing that one was easy enough...
on the grid as ~free::zombie~
TiTnAsS
Match Winner

Post by TiTnAsS »

Walking Tree wrote:
TiTnAsS wrote:Any reasoning behind that? We aren't allowed in bars here til were 21..
WTF ?!
get a gun with - say 16 (instead of 12) ;; no prison under 21...
No sane and/or sober person would *ever* concieve a system like that !
Reread.. Were not talking about BUYING guns at 12 or 16...going in the shops.....
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Post by Tank Program »

Walking Tree wrote:I feel for the power switch. Find it. flick it. *poof* lots of smoke and a horible smell.
That reminds me of something... The server that now hosts these forums started life in the US, with the little switch at 110. I get it here and forget to flip said switch... Poof, lots of smoke and a horrible smell... So lucky the internals weren't hurt. I've now learned by lesson about those little switches, and about being impatient...