3D Printed Tronny

General Stuff about Armagetron, That doesn't belong anywhere else...
sinewav
Graphic Artist

3D Printed Tronny

Post by sinewav »

I spent way too much time on this joke.

You can now have a Tronny for your shelf in any size up to 170mm customized with the year, category, and your name -- if you can prove you won. :wink:
Attachments
tronny-1.jpg
tronny-2.jpg
original-tronny.png
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Re: 3D Printed Tronny

Post by Word »

Hah, you modeled one yourself! I was wondering if you didn't get the link I sent you. :D This is awesome! I'll order one! One small problem, I forgot if I ever won one :P I'll go check. positively surprised that the thing can stand at all if you move the foot just a little. and how you got the colors right is a mystery. i'm guessing separate parts with different colored plastics? or everything hand-painted? Also, do you still make those glow-in-the-dark-armagetron t-shirts?

Edit: of course, you kept the wiki up to date! list of winners over here! https://wiki.armagetronad.org/index.php ... ds_By_Year
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Re: 3D Printed Tronny

Post by sinewav »

Word wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:34 pmHah, you modeled one yourself!
Yes, I didn't like the replacement one and couldn't find the original, then decided I needed practice. I might draw it again one day because I didn't have a clear idea of what I was doing so printing it turned out to be a problem in a couple spots. I also learned that modeling is difficult in a different way, and that way is the arbitrary level of detail you can put into something. There is no rule that says "it's done now" so you have to decide yourself, and I spent waaaaay too much time on this one.