Let's Revive Armagetron and Bring Back the Glory Days of WILDCAT!

General Stuff about Armagetron, That doesn't belong anywhere else...
patilanz

Let's Revive Armagetron and Bring Back the Glory Days of WILDCAT!

Post by patilanz »

Hello fellow Armagetron enthusiasts,

I hope you're all doing well! I'm a long-time fan of this incredible game, having spent countless hours immersed in the world of light cycles and thrilling battles. Recently, I decided to revisit the game after a hiatus, only to discover that our beloved community seems to have dwindled significantly over time. I must say, I'm feeling a bit nostalgic for the days when the servers were bustling with activity, and I am eager to do something about it.

First, I'd like to reminisce about the WILDCAT server, a true gem in the Armagetron universe. The camaraderie, competitive spirit, and exhilarating gameplay made it a one-of-a-kind experience. It was more than just a game; it was a social gathering, a place where we forged friendships, shared strategies, and had a blast. I'm sure many of you share similar fond memories of the server, and I want to hear all about them!

With that said, I believe it's time for us to band together and breathe new life into Armagetron. We have the power to not only revive this fantastic game but also to expand its reach, attract new players, and rekindle the passion that once made it thrive. To achieve this, I propose the following plan:
  1. Reconnect with old players: Let's reach out to our friends and acquaintances who used to play Armagetron, inviting them back to the game and sharing our enthusiasm for its revival.
  • Social media presence: We can create and maintain social media accounts for Armagetron, sharing highlights, promoting events, and interacting with potential new players to build a larger community.
  • Organize tournaments and events: Hosting regular tournaments and events, both casual and competitive, will help maintain interest in the game and encourage new players to join.
  • Collaborate with content creators: Partnering with streamers, YouTubers, and other gaming influencers can introduce Armagetron to new audiences and showcase its unique charm.
  • Foster a welcoming and supportive environment: Ensuring a friendly and inclusive atmosphere will make newcomers feel at home and encourage them to stick around and become active members of our community.

I know this may seem like a daunting task, but I firmly believe that with our collective passion, dedication, and efforts, we can restore Armagetron to its former glory. If you're interested in joining me on this journey, please share your thoughts and ideas in this thread. Let's work together and prove that the spirit of Armagetron is still alive and well!

Looking forward to your responses, and let's make Armagetron great again!

Warm regards,
patilanz
Goose
On Lightcycle Grid

Re: Let's Revive Armagetron and Bring Back the Glory Days of WILDCAT!

Post by Goose »

Let me tell you, they all disappeared when the first sunlight came through after the long winter. At least some players will return next winter to the cozy place in front of their home PC.

It's not that there aren't any new players. But geez, how bad is the most popular server (The Classic Submarine) for beginners. Waiting for 3 minutes after getting slapped isn't fun. Lately, some interesting servers have been going missing: The Respawn Submarine and The Infinite Submarine. Just give people something to play, where they can try and improve.

Might I ask, which servers have respawning? I think that's a must-have for a beginner-friendly server.
delinquent
Match Winner

Post by delinquent »

We're still around! The greater community is more active over on the discord - much to my chagrin and that of others, but it serves a purpose. Come see us:

https://discord.gg/dcpaauj
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

delinquent wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 4:42 pm We're still around! The greater community is more active over on the discord - much to my chagrin and that of others, but it serves a purpose. Come see us:

I didn't see a post about it, but there's now a bridge connecting discord to irc, so afaik, all chat platforms are connected into one room.

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
Thiagoros

Post by Thiagoros »

delinquent wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 4:42 pm We're still around! The greater community is more active over on the discord - much to my chagrin and that of others, but it serves a purpose. Come see us:

Thrilled to know the community is thriving! Discord may not be my first choice, but I'll drop by to stay connected. Excited for the vibrant discussions and shared enthusiasm!
Last edited by Z-Man on Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Remove spam