I'm vaccinated!

Anything About Anything...
kyle
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder
Location: Indiana, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe, Multiverse

Re: I'm vaccinated!

Post by kyle »

Lucifer wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:58 pm Hrm. My bout with covid was quick and painless. It was a couple of days' worth of coughing, some runny nose, and some fever, but otherwise, not much. I'd only gotten the J&J vaccine, which isn't as effective as the mrna-based vaccines. I guess I'm glad I still have my immune system. ;)
That or it's mutated enough it's not as dangerous (at the the variant you had)
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

kyle wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 12:50 am
Lucifer wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:58 pm Hrm. My bout with covid was quick and painless. It was a couple of days' worth of coughing, some runny nose, and some fever, but otherwise, not much. I'd only gotten the J&J vaccine, which isn't as effective as the mrna-based vaccines. I guess I'm glad I still have my immune system. ;)
That or it's mutated enough it's not as dangerous (at the the variant you had)
I probably had Omicron, because this was back in February. And it's not as dangerous individually, but it's like 10x more contagious.

Honestly, with my mental health being what it has been this year, I was terrified of what else it might do, since there's a solid correlation between mental health issues and covid, and they're not all caused by people getting scared/PTSD from getting infected in the first place.

The good news, for me, anyway, is that my divorce is final, I got a regular job and got put in a leadership position pretty quickly, and for some dumb reason, I started dating again. Hey, last divorce, I waited a year before dating and got my second marriage out of it. Might try doing something different?

I also got a new laptop, and I was playing arma online earlier.

While on the subject, kyle, why aren't you in irc anymore? We *did* move over to OTFC because of freenode politics.

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
compguygene
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by compguygene »

Glad to hear that you are divorced and rebuilding your life, Lucifer!
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm
kyle
Reverse Outside Corner Grinder
Location: Indiana, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe, Multiverse

Post by kyle »

Lucifer wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 3:54 am While on the subject, kyle, why aren't you in irc anymore? We *did* move over to OTFC because of freenode politics.
Did not know of the move, but have been a bit busy
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Lucifer wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 3:54 am While on the subject, kyle, why aren't you in irc anymore? We *did* move over to OTFC because of freenode politics.
A fat lot of good that would do, what with you yourself being more offline than online :D

Glad to hear your life is getting into a good shape again!
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

Z-Man wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:12 pm A fat lot of good that would do, what with you yourself being more offline than online :D
That's why I need to setup Quassel. I finally have a laptop that sleeps properly, but it takes me offline when it does. I'll get it. You don't rebuild a semi-complex home IT infrastructure overnight, nor out of spare parts. I just need to know if the google tensorflow library works on raspberry pi under ubuntu so I can start building my cluster, finally. I've got two nodes for it. I still don't have the app ready, but I can at least get my webserver back up and Quassel core setup.
Glad to hear your life is getting into a good shape again!
Honestly, if I can just get back to 100% sobriety, I'm pretty sure I'd be where I need to be. As it is, I'm at 90%, so it could be a lot worse. I still need my own reliable vehicle, and a license to drive it, but other than those two things, I'm ok.

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
delinquent
Match Winner

Post by delinquent »

I spent a couple years down the bottle myself. These days I still have the occasional beer or three, but I don't neck bottles of scotch like I used to. Or, at least, I very rarely do, and it's usually less over a longer period. You can do it!

Incidentally, up until recently I used an elderly Inspiron laptop as a webserver. It ran just fine until the power supply shorted, but I ended up replacing it with an Optiplex 160 that I bought for about 20 quid. It runs my home email, among a few other things that my business CDN redirects to. IT on a budget is... interesting.

Funnily enough, it actually does pretty well. I run an IRC bot on it too, that I built as a PHP exercise, as well as a subsonic relay and a couple more services. It handles it all pretty well, I'd say.