My Animation Project

Anything About Anything...
sinewav
Graphic Artist

My Animation Project

Post by sinewav »

A friend of mine hired me to create some animation for a song he wrote. It took over six months. All the animation was done in Krita 4 and scenes spliced together with audio in Shotcut.

:snail: Then Yesteday

Hope you like it!
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Re: My Animation Project

Post by Z-Man »

Cute and scary!
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Post by Tank Program »

Neat! Smooth animation to a relaxing track.

Also, giant crayfish sort of thing of some description, which in the context of the forums makes me a bit nostalgic. Heh.
compguygene
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by compguygene »

Thank you for sharing such a beautiful artwork.
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm
Galaxip
Core Dumper

Post by Galaxip »

i love the style

simply amazing

well done sinewav
Image Image Image Image
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

great! for some reason this looks and feels like the final cutscene of a video game yet to be made. :p
Illusion

Post by Illusion »

That's ****** sweet dude, What program are you using for it?

I've always wanted to learn animation but I can't really ever find a good program
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Illusion wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 8:52 pm That's ****** sweet dude, What program are you using for it?

I've always wanted to learn animation but I can't really ever find a good program
I used Krita. It has a lot of limitations, but gives you the instant gratification of being extremely easy to use. Anyone can do simple animations in minutes after watching a tutorial.
JohnHelton

Post by JohnHelton »

Really great work man!
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

My friend commissioned me to animate another music video. Animation is a lot of work and that's why I abandoned this game and left Discord a several months ago. II needed to focus and get it done without distractions. The video turned out great and I finished in half the time as the previous one (above). I have a special attachment to this song because I wrote it. I've posted it in the Discord server before, it was something I recorded with no vocals and programmed drums that my friend thought was good enough to work on. He brought my original into the studio and added vocals and live drums, and eventually his band adopted the song. He pressured me to make a video for several months before I finally was able to come up with something that motivated me. And now I bring you...

:star: Last Planet

I'll eventually get around to joining Discord again, just so busy lately...
Word
Reverse Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by Word »

I love the optimistic vibe, the artwork and that little cameo of the blood-sucking do-gooders! Not going to spoil the ending for the people who still have to watch it, but it could be read as an obscure reference to Blade Runner!
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Very sweet. The crying beaver reminded me of this scene from early in Super Meat Boy.
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Z-Man wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:42 pmSuper Meat Boy
I've never heard of this game. That scene is amazing even without context. I'll look into this more, might be something I can play if there is an easy mode!
delinquent
Match Winner

Post by delinquent »

sinewav wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 8:09 pm

:star: Last Planet
Cor, that brought me right back to the mid 00's. Sounds like the sort of thing I'd have on my ipod flying around exi skatepark as a young teen. Wicked track.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Super Meat Boy was one of the breakout indie darlings back in... 2009ish, maybe? Not looking it up.
sinewav wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:31 pmif there is an easy mode!
Unless you want to argue that the regular main game IS the easy mode, and you can do that if you're a prick, there is not. The difficutly is based on timing and precision, not reaction speed, so it still might be something; I myself would probably lack the patience these days and recommend Celeste over it, which has a sweet story and ample difficulty customization.

Back to the video, I love the bit where you think "They're going to combine into a huge robot later, aren't they?". Which probably comes a lot earlier for most people than it came for me :) (when the jets started. Awesome dogfight animations, by he way!)