Fullscreen Trouble?

Something else for Armagetron? Goody!
AshitakA
Average Program

Fullscreen Trouble?

Post by AshitakA »

There was a problem with the fullscreen toggle. It was possible to play in the window size mode, but not in fullscreen.

The solution here was to change two settings:

Ingame menu:
System Setup -> Display Settings -> Screen Mode: Use SDL OpenGL: On

On windows:
Right click on the armagetronad.exe -> properties -> compatibility: disable desktop composition (check)

I hope it will help in the case.
To be or not to be – that is the question:... (William Shakespeare)
Plee
On Lightcycle Grid

Re: Fullscreen Trouble?

Post by Plee »

Anybody any idea about how to solve this on a mac?

Armagetron only allows me to toggle once, if i try toggling from window to fullscreen again, my tron crashes. It's annoying af because I can't multitask at all.
Harryclaus

Post by Harryclaus »

I am also want to know about this.
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Is it still a problem with the new builds? Most recent ones are
From 0.2.9: https://download.armagetronad.org/blog/ ... pha_z2630/
From 0.4: https://download.armagetronad.org/blog/ ... pha_z5255/
Monkey
Match Winner

Post by Monkey »

Yes, there is still issues with full screen/window mode toggling. The bug I have (on 0.4 only, 0.2.9 is fine for me) is related to switching between full screen and windowed mode. To change mode, I now have to press the appropriate key several times, or hold it down for a while. It seems quite random as to whether the mode toggles properly or not and it does it for both ways. There is some flickering when pressing the key. This has been the case for approximately several months.

While I'm at it, there is another bug:
Sometimes, when trying to enter a password in the "Authenticate" menu (or after typing "/login Monkey@forums"), the password asterisks don't show and the password can't be entered. Moving the cursor up/down one item and back makes it suddenly work as it should again. This also is random as to when it happens. This bug has been around for a very long time (possibly even years I think).

As usual, any help is appreciated.
Playing since December 2006
aP|Nelg
Match Winner

Post by aP|Nelg »

Monkey wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:57 pm While I'm at it, there is another bug:
Sometimes, when trying to enter a password in the "Authenticate" menu (or after typing "/login Monkey@forums"), the password asterisks don't show and the password can't be entered. Moving the cursor up/down one item and back makes it suddenly work as it should again. This also is random as to when it happens. This bug has been around for a very long time (possibly even years I think).
Coincidentally, this commit indirectly fixes that bug. It's because the login box called a function to set the menu item which did not properly alert the item itself that it has been selected, so it did not know to accept your typing input.
Monkey
Match Winner

Post by Monkey »

Oh nice, I'll look forward to that not happening any more, thanks for fixing that!
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Monkey: Your problems likely come from the code changes I made so that the macOS version works more smoothly... we did a lot of extra state switching, and macOS is very, very expliclt and shows a playful animation for every change. So that probably broke something on the real BSD side, I'll get into it sometime. But these changes, in addition to the totally different way we do the macOS builds now, made me hope that at least the Mac side of the problem might have evaporated.
Monkey
Match Winner

Post by Monkey »

@Z-Man
Thanks for the explanation and I look forward to an eventual fix :)