You HAVE to ban him or you're a fascist

General Stuff about Armagetron, That doesn't belong anywhere else...
szopin
Average Program

You HAVE to ban him or you're a fascist

Post by szopin »

Like literally, szopin is a fascist
szopin
Average Program

Re: You HAVE to ban him or you're a fascist

Post by szopin »

szopin wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:17 pm Like literally, szopin is a fascist
Like some people will quote him as being neonazi.... wrong, szopin is a fascist!
szopin
Average Program

Post by szopin »

szopin wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:21 pm
Like some people will quote him as being neonazi.... wrong, szopin is a fascist!
That's how he keeps beeing 100% aryan and winning streak, don't question that, he's a fascist
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

Are you OK? >- :( -< (that is supposed to be a worried hug offering smiley, excuse the crudeness)
compguygene
Adjust Outside Corner Grinder

Post by compguygene »

szopin wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:22 pm
That's how he keeps beeing 100% aryan and winning streak, don't question that, he's a fascist
You can't ban him because of the entertainment value! :lol:
Armagetron: It's a video game that people should just play and enjoy :)
https://bit.ly/2KBGYjvCheck out the simple site about TheServerPharm
szopin
Average Program

Post by szopin »

Z-Man wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:51 pm Are you OK? >- :( -< (that is supposed to be a worried hug offering smiley, excuse the crudeness)
:P yeah, bit less drunk, I survived that onset, thanks for asking
szopin
Average Program

Post by szopin »

compguygene wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:41 am
szopin wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:22 pm

You can't ban him because of the entertainment value! :lol:
So you would platform a neonazi fascist just for keks, I mean, I support you, but just you wait a couple of years when this message will be dug up as you supporting platforming nazis and... you know how it goes, deplatforming is not enough (https://blog.mozilla.org/blog/2021/01/0 ... atforming/ - freaking mozzila that was all about free internet, we need more than deplatforming, off with their heads as jobs and server access is not enough I guess)
szopin
Average Program

Post by szopin »

So I was thinking that maybe some players might be unaware that playing with me they are platforming the bad guys, maybe I should wear like a symbol to be easily distinguishable? Someling yellow that's usually easily distinguishable, circle seems hardly distinguishable, something with more edges, more edgy than a square, a star maybe? Yeah, why not put a yellow star on the wrongthinkers so people that play with them know the 'good guys' might go after them for platforming the 'bad guys' (the starred ones)? Makes total sense
szopin
Average Program

Post by szopin »

szopin wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:00 am So I was thinking that maybe some players might be unaware that playing with me they are platforming the bad guys, maybe I should wear like a symbol to be easily distinguishable? Someling yellow that's usually easily distinguishable, circle seems hardly distinguishable, something with more edges, more edgy than a square, a star maybe? Yeah, why not put a yellow star on the wrongthinkers so people that play with them know the 'good guys' might go after them for platforming the 'bad guys' (the starred ones)? Makes total sense
It's gotta be worth it at least for entertainment value right? :D
Z-Man
God & Project Admin

Post by Z-Man »

The new Right does like to paint themselves as victims of discrimination, don't they?

Have you read the Mozilla article beyond the headline? What they mean mostly is that OTHER things than deplatforming are needed. Namely, Transparency, Accountability and Research. We can agree those are good things, yeah?

Of course, in the bigger picture, deplatforming can be problematic. It doesn't matter for free speech if we here ban someone. We're a toilet stall's wall in a gas station on a forgotten state route :) But if the really big boys ban someone, with so much of our political... let's call it discourse... happening on Facebook and Twitter, it's different. Yes, Free Speech, as defined in the USA, only means that the state is not allowed to shut you up, ban you from public places so you can't speak freely. But what if 80% of the effective public places are owned by some private companies and they shut you out? It's not too unreasonable to consider them taking over part of the roles of the state and that they therefore should take some of the responsibilities and duties.
Not for Trump, though. He wasn't shut up. If he wanted to say something, he could have called a press conference or issued a statement, and that's just the conventional means. And he deserved the bans.

Bans should be a tool they can use. But for less powerful people, the big networks need to have transparent rules when they're employed and they need to stick to them. The algorithms that determine recommendations need to be transparent; even for black box neural networks one can do inferences. It should be possible to ask YouTube why it suggested that video to me or twitter why it didn't show me that hilarious tweet of that comedian I follow.

(I'm not on Facebook at all and just an occasional passive consumer of Twitter. And I exclusively use recommendation free means, my twitter timeline is the purely post time based one, on YouTube I go straight to my subscriptions page. So consider my opinion half baked at best.)
sinewav
Graphic Artist

Post by sinewav »

Z-Man wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:06 pmWe're a toilet stall's wall in a gas station on a forgotten state route :)
This is one of the best analogies I've every heard.