i ate the fish, and a bone got stuck

Anything About Anything...
ishAdmin
Match Winner

i ate the fish, and a bone got stuck

Post by ishAdmin »

so how is everyone. i crawled out from under my rock to see what be happenin here. I've finally gotten out of the huge work load I was stuck with, my new server is running fine, although I still have some things to tweek.

what's the word on the game server front. wondering if I should fire up the game again, and if so, what version should I be running. with all the changes to the game code, I'm wondering about settings too.

well folks, take it easy, or better yet, take it any way you can get it.
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

Um, I'd be happy to see -ish 0.2.7.1 on the list again, at least until 0.2.8.0 is officially out, and with the same settings you had prior to its disappearance, I reckon.
Tank Program
Forum & Project Admin, PhD

Post by Tank Program »

Watch out for malilous users...
ishAdmin
Match Winner

Post by ishAdmin »

ok, I'll probably fire it back up this weekend. I'll get try and get stats updating again on the page.

malicious users? is the game vulnerable to crashing still? Or are the malicious users people who like to crash servers they don't like? Who invented liquid soap and why? er, nevermind that one.
Lucifer
Project Developer

Post by Lucifer »

ishAdmin wrote: malicious users? is the game vulnerable to crashing still? Or are the malicious users people who like to crash servers they don't like? Who invented liquid soap and why? er, nevermind that one.
The 0.2.7.1 server is extremely stable, compared to earlier releases. The cvs server has been consistently more stable (I'm talking in the 0.2.8 branch) and occasionally less stable. I'm not sure if the current beta is more or less stable than 0.2.7.1.

The malicious users are fewer, but meaner. They're poll-spamming (a fix is coming in the new release), and DOS-attacking. But there's only been one such user in the last 6 months that I'm aware of, and he's not spreading to other users the way Focus did.

Be the devil's own, Lucifer's my name.
- Iron Maiden
Phytotron
Formerly Oscilloscope
Location: A site or situation, especially considered in regard to its surroundings.

Post by Phytotron »

That user, by the way, was hanging out in BiH for a good while the other day with his chatbot going. So, perhaps a heads up, Lucifer.
ishAdmin
Match Winner

Post by ishAdmin »

I have some DOS protection, but I'm also not keen on being experimented on.

Well, Monday is here, and I haven't gotten to it yet. I have a busy day tomorrow, so maybe wednesday ish I'll fire it up.

thx for the advice.